Well, we have a new Batman (1 Viewer)

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I'm withholding judgement. Everybody freaked out about Keaton, Bale, and Affleck when they were announced and they did decent jobs. This has me the most concerned considering the filmography, but I'll give him a chance like I did the others.

Dude has to gain some muscle though...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
The only thing that really gets me is you've got Batman's rogues gallery...a collection of freaks, monsters, weirdos, etc. for the ages. And you're trying to bring in Andy Serkis, the character actor/mocap king who has given us some of memorable freaks, monsters, and weirdos...to play Alfred.

Don't get me wrong. Serkis is a legitimately talented actor and would do great as anything.

But...as Alfred? Did not see that coming.
Agreed.

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
I will give it a shot. He doesn't have the Falcone build though.
I really like Turturro as an actor, but I'm not sure how I feel about him as Carmine Falcone. His characters tend to be more manic and weaselly. If he were 30 years younger I think he'd make a killer (no pun intended) Alberto Falcone, though.

OP
OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
I really like Turturro as an actor, but I'm not sure how I feel about him as Carmine Falcone. His characters tend to be more manic and weaselly. If he were 30 years younger I think he'd make a killer (no pun intended) Alberto Falcone, though.
Damn @Sun Wukong, I was thinking the exact same thing.

BigSlick

Unit 3000-21 is warming.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not being familiar with the source material for this movie, I'm guessing that it'll have to have a pretty lengthy run time to fit in all these characters, right?

I like Turturro, and I'm always happy to see him in a movie I'm watching. He plays a pretty stoic person in Rounders, although now that I think about it, the character might just be all Prozac'd out.

Humperdoo

Who Dat.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
but liked clooney and kilmore?
Dang. Forgot about them. And I shouldn’t have used the word hate anyways my friend.
I disliked Clooney and Kilmore as well. I liked Bale ok, even tho I strongly dislike him as a human.

Perhaps tho zeetes, I’m influenced by my overall dislike of the Super Hero genre. Only ones I truly have liked over the years are a couple of the XMEN and the one movie I saw with the bad guy I loved...think it was called Infinity War. Only one I’ve ever seen think it’s a big series...that movie rocked!

OP
OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Not being familiar with the source material for this movie, I'm guessing that it'll have to have a pretty lengthy run time to fit in all these characters, right?

I like Turturro, and I'm always happy to see him in a movie I'm watching. He plays a pretty stoic person in Rounders, although now that I think about it, the character might just be all Prozac'd out.
Google "Holiday, The Long Halloween" and you'll see why Sun and I think he makes a perfect Alberto.

Last edited:

Loco Hornet Fan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

I was thinking about him in Rounders too. I think that performance (with a few tweaks) could make a good mob boss in Gotham.

Booker

All-Pro
Reaction score
First look at Pattinson in the suit...

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saw it earlier. Has a feel to it like the suit in the Arkham video games, which I like. Although the cowl looks stitched.

OP
OP
Grandadmiral

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
As a sidenote, some have pointed out that the chest plate looks like parts of a gun. If so, it comes directly from the comics. In Detective Comics #1000, Kevin Smith wrote a story where Bruce bought Joe Chill's gun from a fence and then melted it down to make his chest plate.

(The premise: something that once took life will now be used to protect it.)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom