Well, we have a new Batman (1 Viewer)

giphy.gif

And Michael Keaton in ‘89. I think up to that point, he was known as Mr. Mom.
Ironically, I read a story a week or so ago where they spoke with Tom Holland. He said throughout the filming of the fight scene with the Vulture, Keaton kept whispering "I'm Batman" at him. :smilielol:

Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck

Wasn't there outrage for all of them? I can't think of one casting decision that was met with open arms

Keaton got it the worse, I don't remember much about Bale

I'm not excited about the pick but I'll wait to see more (pics/trailer)

I've said this before, Clooney could have been the best - he can do suave and debonair in his sleep and dark and brooding - But Batman & Robin was such a shirt show he didn't have a chance

Pattinson, despite the Twilight taint, is actually a good actor. I see no reason he can't pull off batman. It's not really that complex of a role and the action stuff is all done by stuntmen or CGI anyway. And frankly, he's a better choice than Clooney or Affleck. And Kilmer seemed to be a good pick, but he really wasn't particularly good in the role.

I want more, but I'd like more new characters than reboots of existing ones.

I am interested in seeing what Marvel can do with Xmen and Fantastic 4 though.

As for Batman, I'm ambivalent. It's been rebooted enough times. I'll probably watch it when it's on Netflix or something.

On this side note. I'll say it. They have a long history, but the Fantastic 4 suck. They're pretty boring. Dr. Doom is the only interesting part of them.

X-men, they have a lot going on, so they've always been by far, more interesting.

The issue with the X-men has always been about juggling the large line up of characters. But, it looks like Marvel Films / Disney / Kevin Feige have figured that out for the most part, so I'd like to see a new take on X-men, but since we've already had 2 takes on them, it may not be any time soon.

I want more, but I'd like more new characters than reboots of existing ones.

I am interested in seeing what Marvel can do with Xmen and Fantastic 4 though.

As for Batman, I'm ambivalent. It's been rebooted enough times. I'll probably watch it when it's on Netflix or something.
From what I've read, this isn't a reboot. It's a prequel to Affleck's Batman character and takes place in the 80s/90s. Then again, there has been so much conflicting info and changes made involving this project, who knows?

And let's remember. The man most associated with Batman is Kevin Conroy, arguably the best voice actor to do the role for the Animated series and various animated movies or games.

And this is how he looks.

These superhero stories should take a note from the Jame Bond playbook of keeping the story and characters consistent but changing out the players as time marches on. How many times do we need to see a Batman/Spiderman reboot that just rehash's the origin of the character storyline. There are plenty of villains to go around.

His dead face haunts me. By far his best piece of acting in his vast body of work. :hihi:

I didn't like Affleck as Batman at all
It never really was about how well the actor played Batman, it was about how well they played Bruce Wayne and the only two I enjoyed was Keaton and Bale

If Pattinson gets the role, it's going to break the anabolic steroids budget.

On this side note. I'll say it. They have a long history, but the Fantastic 4 suck. They're pretty boring. Dr. Doom is the only interesting part of them.

X-men, they have a lot going on, so they've always been by far, more interesting.
all of this
Doom, Surfer & Galactus are the only reasons for FF
in fact even the fantastic four name is the lamest in all of marvel

Xmen are the best

I have little issue with this. He has been doing some interesting small scale work the last several years and has worked hard to distance himself from the Twilight perception of him as an actor. He has talent and I'm not going to hold him being in that nonsense against him. We'll see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom