Well, we have a new Batman (1 Viewer)

Not being familiar with the source material for this movie, I'm guessing that it'll have to have a pretty lengthy run time to fit in all these characters, right?

I like Turturro, and I'm always happy to see him in a movie I'm watching. He plays a pretty stoic person in Rounders, although now that I think about it, the character might just be all Prozac'd out.
Google "Holiday, The Long Halloween" and you'll see why Sun and I think he makes a perfect Alberto.

Last edited:
Not being familiar with the source material for this movie, I'm guessing that it'll have to have a pretty lengthy run time to fit in all these characters, right?

I like Turturro, and I'm always happy to see him in a movie I'm watching. He plays a pretty stoic person in Rounders, although now that I think about it, the character might just be all Prozac'd out.
I was thinking about him in Rounders too. I think that performance (with a few tweaks) could make a good mob boss in Gotham.

First look at Pattinson in the suit...

Saw it earlier. Has a feel to it like the suit in the Arkham video games, which I like. Although the cowl looks stitched.

As a sidenote, some have pointed out that the chest plate looks like parts of a gun. If so, it comes directly from the comics. In Detective Comics #1000, Kevin Smith wrote a story where Bruce bought Joe Chill's gun from a fence and then melted it down to make his chest plate.

(The premise: something that once took life will now be used to protect it.)

Last edited:
Batman films should have died after Nolan and Bale shut it down...

Hot take: The only actually good Batman movie (as in telling a Batman story that feels like an actual Batman story) in the Nolan trilogy is Batman Begins. The Dark Knight is a really good movie but it's not a particularly great Batman movie. The Dark Knight Rises is unmitigated crap.

Hot take: The only actually good Batman movie (as in telling a Batman story that feels like an actual Batman story) in the Nolan trilogy is Batman Begins. The Dark Knight is a really good movie but it's not a particularly great Batman movie. The Dark Knight Rises is unmitigated crap.

I hate agreeing with you, but this is truth.

While I totally agree Begins is the best of the Nolan trilogy, I'll never understand the disdain for Rises.

While I totally agree Begins is the best of the Nolan trilogy, I'll never understand the disdain for Rises.

He won by getting punched in the back. I don't need any other proof.

It is, however, much much better than the current iterations.

Last edited:

I'm with you here. I wish Bane would have been defeated in a more creative way, but I thought it was entertaining.

Last edited:

While I don't hate it, it's definitely the weakest of the three films. Bane's annoying voice, some plot holes, and especially the dopey bomb countdown ending hurt it.

Begins is by far the best of the three. Dark Knight would have been really good if they hadn't forced the "Batman sacrifices his credibility to save Harvey's memory" thing at the end. That kind of ruined an otherwise excellent film for me. I know they were following the Frank Miller story line from the comics, but by combining the Joker and Two Face story lines, it caused the ending to make no sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom