Well we lost clowney, but what anot (1 Viewer)

Can't blame someone for not checking this site 30x a day.
I used myself as an example šŸ‘

Everson Griffen. IMHO he's better than Clowney. Makes way more plays. He's older but today's NFL that doesn't mean much

Agree with you 100% David. And Griffen's teammates love and respect him. I have not heard the same about Clowney. I just pray Davenport can push off his right foot and stay healthy. If so, we will forget what's him name quickly

Agree with you 100% David. And Griffen's teammates love and respect him. I have not heard the same about Clowney. I just pray Davenport can push off his right foot and stay healthy. If so, we will forget what's him name quickly
Still think you need insurance šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

Ive been literally off the grid in the elk woods, and I come back to all this Clowney stuff. Im not concerned so much about not getting Clowney, but the fact that the FO saw such a need to get a DE that they were trying never before done sign and trades with draft pick compensation to get him. Im not sure what this says about Davenport, Hendrickson and Granderson. Youd expect Clowney to start if you had him. So that means they WANTED to bench Davenport. Thats where the issue is for me.

Ive been literally off the grid in the elk woods, and I come back to all this Clowney stuff. Im not concerned so much about not getting Clowney, but the fact that the FO saw such a need to get a DE that they were trying never before done sign and trades with draft pick compensation to get him. Im not sure what this says about Davenport, Hendrickson and Granderson. Youd expect Clowney to start if you had him. So that means they WANTED to bench Davenport. Thats where the issue is for me.

I don't think that's necessarily what it means. I think they just wanted the extra depth on the line and the ability to be even more specialized with packages and flexible in case of injury. I'm not going to sit here and say I wasn't excited when I thought we would sign him, but he was a luxury signing. Others have pointed out his name has outshone his production in the last few seasons as well, obviously if he goes out and gets 12+ sacks for the Titans no one will care about the last few seasons but there's no guarantee he does that.

Now, I have a pretty good vocabulary but I have no idea what "anot" means.

Moorestead was in these discussions. Iā€™m not surprised to see him featured in Saints social media posts after it fell through.

A simple google search would have saved this embarrassment. BTW guys I'm over not getting Clowney.

I don't think that's necessarily what it means. I think they just wanted the extra depth on the line and the ability to be even more specialized with packages and flexible in case of injury. I'm not going to sit here and say I wasn't excited when I thought we would sign him, but he was a luxury signing. Others have pointed out his name has outshone his production in the last few seasons as well, obviously if he goes out and gets 12+ sacks for the Titans no one will care about the last few seasons but there's no guarantee he does that.

Yeah we've seen this before. Payton has even talked about it in the past. It's not about filling a need, it's identifying a talent that could benefit your team. Just being aggressive. If this was a true need they would have looked to replace Hendrickson a long time ago. I think they are fine with him as the #3 DE, but if you can upgrade with a starting caliber talent why not try.

If I was more worried about the long term I would have been against the move. And I would have been at one time this year. I think it was a ton of capital to spend for not as much to gain. Hendrickson is no slouch for a backup DE. Another 10mil gone along with a 2nd round pick for rotation/depth is a lot. That said it's clear they are all in for 2020. In that sense, any upgrade is game regardless of value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom