Well we won (1 Viewer)

[mod edit: removed quoted post]
I disagree completely with tanking games. Too likely you start next year off in the frame of mind in which you finished this year. Tanking sends a crappy message.

I disagree completely with tanking games. Too likely you start next year off in the frame of mind in which you finished this year. Tanking sends a crappy message.

We've finished the last few seasons by winning...only to start the next season flat. I don't believe in momentum between seasons. The truth is that the poor 2005 made the 2009 championship possible.

But with that said...I hope we win. If we had a chance at someone like Myles Garrett...I'd probably think otherwise...but we don't.

I like DeMarcus Walker a lot. Adoree Jackson is another. There is still gonna be some good player there when we pick.

Those are all late first/early second round guys you're talking about. I hope we get Zach Cunningham in the first, now that we're out if contention for the elite defensive prospects. I'd love to get Adoree in the 2nd, but he'll probably be gone by our second round pick now.

I really wish these moral victories would carry over into preseason and the start if the next season. Thus far getting hot once we are no longer in the running has not translated to jack once the new season starts, preseason or regular season. It is becoming a predictable pattern at this point. Lather, rinse, repeat. Tiresome ...

[mod edit: removed quoted post]

It probably has more to do with how you say it than what you say. In regards to not being able to find difference makers past the top 10 picks in the draft, the Saints under Payton have managed to at the very least find some decent players after the first 10 picks. Here's a list of all of their picks outside of the first 10.

Year Pick Name
2016 12 Sheldon Rankins
2015 13 Andrus Peat
2009 14 Malcolm Jenkins
2013 15 Kenny Vaccaro
2014 20 Brandin Cooks
2011 24 Cameron Jordan
2007 27 Robert Meachem
2011 28 Mark Ingram
2015 31 Stephone Anthony
2010 32 Patrick Robinson

Well we can forget players like Reuben Foster and Derek Barnett. We need to start looking at guys like Zach Cunningham or Dan Feeney.
Well, why even continue to be a Saints fan if things with the team are so bad.

I mean after three 3 very long years of losing must be very hard to bare, year after year. We all know that things with this team under Payton really won't change so why continue to support them, right?

There is no way the Falcons go to the Superbowl, they will get creamed first playoff game and go home pissing on their new stadium.

Those are all late first/early second round guys you're talking about. I hope we get Zach Cunningham in the first, now that we're out if contention for the elite defensive prospects. I'd love to get Adoree in the 2nd, but he'll probably be gone by our second round pick now.
I think Walker draft stock is gonna rise. Adoree, will not fall to the 2nd, no way.if he does, someone is gonna have a steal. The 3 guys I really want are Barnett, Foster or Cunningham, if they are all gone, Walker would be my next choice.

We've finished the last few seasons by winning...only to start the next season flat. I don't believe in momentum between seasons. The truth is that the poor 2005 made the 2009 championship possible.

But with that said...I hope we win. If we had a chance at someone like Myles Garrett...I'd probably think otherwise...but we don't.

Exactly. Regardless of what SP says, the last three years have proven that winning the last few games of a season mean nothing when it comes to momentum for next year. All these wins do is worsen our draft pick, make next year's schedule more difficult and make our short-sighted fans feel good. There is no benefit in the long-run.

It's funny how when we lose, everyone is happy because we're gonna be drafting higher and we can hopefully get an elite defensive prospect like we've needed for years.

When we win, people change their tune and say things like "A higher draft pick doesn't mean we'll get better players" or "do you want to end up like the Browns?" or "I just want to win, screw the draft pick." I don't care if you root for wins or losses, once we're eliminated. But be consistent in your stance. Too many people go back and forth, based on our most recent games outcome and then bash those who disagree with them that week. I respect people who stick to their guns, regardless of their opinion. The posters who sun-shine pump every week based on results are the ones that bother me.

Well, why even continue to be a Saints fan if things with the team are so bad.

I mean after three 3 very long years of losing must be very hard to bare, year after year. We all know that things with this team under Payton really won't change so why continue to support them, right?

Because I was raised to be a diehard Saints fan and I always will be. Idc if we're 0-16, I'm not gonna miss a single minute of our preseason or regular season games. I've been able to name every player on the roster since I was 7 years old. I used to blow away my dad and his friends with my football knowledge as a little kid. It's in my blood. I love this team and this game, so regardless of what happens, I'll always be a fan. That doesn't mean I can't get furious over the team's philosophy or direction.

I'm tired of sucking through the season and then looking like a SB contender once the games become meaningless. Why can't they play like for a full season? Until they do, I'm gonna be an unsatisfied, but loyal to the end fan.

I'm tired of sucking through the season and then looking like a SB contender once the games become meaningless. Why can't they play like for a full season? Until they do, I'm gonna be an unsatisfied, but loyal to the end fan.

Good way to put it.

I am all in. But I don't have to think every outcome is just what the team needs.

It's the conundrum of being a Saints fan. I have pride that we won today, but I have more frustration over winning games late in the season when the season has been decided. It's not a good sign. Great. We won. We didn't quit. But winners win when the season is still in question. It was awfully strange to see them play loose and with confidence. Why when it's already over. We played as scared and overwhelmed just 2 weeks ago against the same team. It's not a good message.

It's simple. Some of us care more about long-term success, than winning an exhibition game. If you disagree that's fine, but dont bash the fans that see things differently.

I understand that, but you can find stars anywhere in the draft.. you can also draft a complete dud anywhere. Would you rather us have the #4 overall pick and take the "most can't miss prospect in the draft" only to have him turn out to be Aaron Curry?

These draft prospects are all unknowns. Personally, I can't watch a game hoping my team plays poorly just to get a higher pick, because you just never know what you'll get. We got Michael Thomas in the middle of the second round for crying out loud.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom