Welp. It's time (1 Viewer)

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I wanted to make this thread or not. But since i view SR as part of my family I decided to. I know my persona on here here is that will arse crazy guy drinking making a ruckus and "sorry for partying". But the truth is that has become me. After multiple conversations with my wife and therapist I have come to the conclusion alcohol has completely taken over my life. I no longer drink to relax or to be sociable I drink for 1 reason and 1 reason only and that is to get drunk.

This isn't a just started thing this has been a YEARS long thing. Case in point it has taken me 6 beers to stop the shaking tonight (yes I understand the irony) So tomorrow when Mrs BobE gets home I will be having her take me to rehab. At 4 am this morning on beer 16 or so I realized I just can't do this anymore. I have completely forgotten what it feels like to be normal and I want to fell ...well.....normal again.

Yeah the wanting change is the first step.

Good luck to you.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to make this thread or not. But since i view SR as part of my family I decided to. I know my persona on here here is that will arse crazy guy drinking making a ruckus and "sorry for partying". But the truth is that has become me. After multiple conversations with my wife and therapist I have come to the conclusion alcohol has completely taken over my life. I no longer drink to relax or to be sociable I drink for 1 reason and 1 reason only and that is to get drunk.

This isn't a just started thing this has been a YEARS long thing. Case in point it has taken me 6 beers to stop the shaking tonight (yes I understand the irony) So tomorrow when Mrs BobE gets home I will be having her take me to rehab. At 4 am this morning on beer 16 or so I realized I just can't do this anymore. I have completely forgotten what it feels like to be normal and I want to fell ...well.....normal again.
Congrats on taking the first step. It's hard to realize you have a problem.

Good luck. You'll be miserable for a while, then you'll feel better. Then, when life gets stressful or boring, you'll face your real test.

Surround yourself with good people. You may have to avoid your friends that like to drink a lot. Avoid your triggers. You'll learn. Use the resources given to you.

Best of luck to you BobE, I'll be rooting for you.

I hope for the best for you, that's truly a hard step to take, let alone publicly.

God bless you man! To paraphrase Russell Brand, don't contemplate not having another drink ever for the rest of your life, just deal with not having a drink right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom