Welp we lost Murray to the Broncos (1 Viewer)

Jfc I hope the Eagles enjoy that top 10 draft pick.

5. Maybe 3.

I just dont know whats going on in the FO. The lights dont seem to be on.

But we are a loss against Seattle from going full mudslide. It looks like weve finally arrived at full rebuild...and whats the worst thing that can happen to a team going full rebuild? Their high draft pick going to what is clearly the best team in the NFC right now.

We are so poorly managed that we cant even benefit from tanking.

I didn’t go through the whole thread yet, so this may have already been addressed. But the team didn’t drop the ball on LT. Nick Underhill explained that LT had the option of staying or signing w/Denver. Nick believed he was likely (wisely) advised by his agent to not immediately sign with the Saints after having such a great nationally televised game. LT’s market was hotter and he probably received a good contract and more playing time in Denver. The Front Office can’t make vets stay put. These guys have autonomy and can choose where they wish to play IF they have a market.

Losing has made this fanbase completely reactionary.
He was our best rb right now. We should have offered him more money and more playing time.

Losing Existing has made this fanbase completely reactionary.
R.c0de30094c86b66f941469483a9e3986

He was our best rb right now. We should have offered him more money and more playing time.
You would really give him more carries over Kamara and Taysom? Keep in mind this dude was on the street before he was signed by us and is only getting an opportunity elsewhere because we gave him a shot... and because Denver has no healthy RBs at the moment and are just in desperate need of bodies

Pierre Thomas, Darren Sproles, Chris Ivory, Khiry Robinson, and Latavius Murray (2x). This team loves letting good RBs go more than a $4.99 ribeye and BJ combo.

Most of those RB’s were mediocre or did next to nothing after leaving New Orleans. Only Sproles and Ivory to an extent had good careers after leaving.

Thomas had 148 scrimmage yards across 5 games and 2 teams.

Robinson played 1 whole game after leaving and totaled 22 yards on 8 carries (one went for 10 yards, so 7 other carries for 12 yards).

Murray, after looking abysmal in the preseason last year, was released for the flavor of the camp, Tony Jones Jr. and the majority of the board applauded the move saying he was washed. Murray then found his way to Baltimore after injuries to their top 3 RB’s and had a decent year but only averaged 35.8 yards/game in his small role as second fiddle running the ball to Lamar Jackson. How he looks after leaving this time remains to be seen.

I was feeling quite optimistic about our running game, lord knows both Winston and Dalton need a good running game
Now not so much

Most of those RB’s were mediocre or did next to nothing after leaving New Orleans. Only Sproles and Ivory to an extent had good careers after leaving.

Thomas had 148 scrimmage yards across 5 games and 2 teams.

Robinson played 1 whole game after leaving and totaled 22 yards on 8 carries (one went for 10 yards, so 7 other carries for 12 yards).

Murray, after looking abysmal in the preseason last year, was released for the flavor of the camp, Tony Jones Jr. and the majority of the board applauded the move saying he was washed. Murray then found his way to Baltimore after injuries to their top 3 RB’s and had a decent year but only averaged 35.8 yards/game in his small role as second fiddle running the ball to Lamar Jackson. How he looks after leaving this time remains to be seen.
I appreciate the analysis but what our guys do elsewhere means exactly nothing. It's what they do here that affects our games and all of the guys I mentioned were either still playing well when we parted ways or showed enough promise to make them more worth keeping than gambling on the hopes of plugging in a new RB to replace them.

Allen and Carmichael probably didn’t see Murray’s performance as sustainable long term since he’s 32. But they definitely should’ve immediately sign him to the active roster Monday morning.

The team and Murray could’ve decided to mutually allow him to seek bigger playing time for the rest of the season. He wasn’t going to get it here as a third rotational back that’s sparingly used unless Kamara or Ingram is hurt.

I didn’t go through the whole thread yet, so this may have already been addressed. But the team didn’t drop the ball on LT. Nick Underhill explained that LT had the option of staying or signing w/Denver. Nick believed he was likely (wisely) advised by his agent to not immediately sign with the Saints after having such a great nationally televised game. LT’s market was hotter and he probably received a good contract and more playing time in Denver. The Front Office can’t make vets stay put. These guys have autonomy and can choose where they wish to play IF they have a market.

Losing has made this fanbase completely reactionary.
I’m just replying so people will hopefully read your post and stop asking why the Saints didn’t just “put Murray on the active roster.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom