Welp we lost Murray to the Broncos (1 Viewer)

I think people are missing the point. The Saints had 0 control over Murray leaving. Teams can poach practice squad players on Monday after the game. He can refuse to go there, it was 100% the choice of Murray to go to a greener pasture if he wanted. There is 0 the Saints could have done in this situation.
That’s what we’ve been saying. He’s a former Saint, and coming off a solid game by a franchise that gave him a 2nd chance and he still bailed to Denver as soon as the phone rang.

This topic is so overdone it's an ugly black hockey puck.

800px_COLOURBOX4460174.jpg

I think people are missing the point. The Saints had 0 control over Murray leaving. Teams can poach practice squad players on Monday after the game. He can refuse to go there, it was 100% the choice of Murray to go to a greener pasture if he wanted. There is 0 the Saints could have done in this situation.
They could have signed him to the active roster before the game. The he wouldn’t have been poachable.

I completely understand that the Saints had no control over losing Murray yesterday.

It’s just gonna take a couple of days for me to accept it.

I would not put this on Loomis.

Dennis Allen has the final say because he knows where the player will be used along with the assistant coaches. The same thing can be said about trading Ceedy Deuce for a late round pick. You can't tell me that Loomis would have traded a high value player for nothing. Dennis Allen just didn't want to deal with CJGJ anymore and wanted him gone.

I'm tired of seeing players that the Saints drafted go to other teams and the teams become successful (ie: Trey Hendrix, Von Bell, and Marcus Williams). Williams already has 3 picks in 4 games!!

And there's players that's still on the team that's barely being used such as Deonte Harty. Why he can't be used as another receiver on offense instead of just special teams.
So true bro but this don’t make sense how we operating it’s crazy

Wrong The saints could’ve and should’ve signed Murray the week before the game they instead left him on the practice squad then and only then after the game Murray could decide. Murray and Alvin have never got along.

I appreciate the analysis but what our guys do elsewhere means exactly nothing. It's what they do here that affects our games and all of the guys I mentioned were either still playing well when we parted ways or showed enough promise to make them more worth keeping than gambling on the hopes of plugging in a new RB to replace them.
But if they were still as good as you’re saying they were when they left then they would’ve at least contributed more significantly than just as a meager role player. But outside of Sproles and to an extent Ivory, they didn’t and were out out of the league within a year because they had little to no tread left. That’s why they were moved on from.

- Really well is a massive stretch on Winston. He was largely efficient but kept on a leash by Payton. Either way, he definitely isn’t the long-term QB and therefore Loomis has failed. Could also have traded up for Mahomes in 2017 and Jackson was right there in 2018 as well.

- Davenport is a huge bust given the price we paid. Yes he’s been impactful but not two 1sts worth of impactful and he’s always hurt.

- Trading next years first has nothing to do with Olave. We could have traded up from pick 18 and got him if we wanted him that badly. Didn’t need a brand new first to do it.

- My point on Williams and Hendrickson is you have a top 5 FS and (at the time) a borderline top 10 DE. You need to be able to secure at least one long term. We’ve ended up with neither.

Anyone else and there’d be a lot more criticism of him. Mrs Benson needs to take control now, encourage him to retire and keep the keys away from Jeff Ireland.
-he ranked 7th in QBR with the worst pass-catching group in the entire league. Not sure what you want out of him.

-you really need to look up what an NFL bust is if you think Davenport is a bust lol

-that’s a massive assumption. We have no clue if we could have made the same deal.

-the point is incorrect in a salary cap league. You have to pick and choose where you spend.

Anything else?

I didn’t go through the whole thread yet, so this may have already been addressed. But the team didn’t drop the ball on LT. Nick Underhill explained that LT had the option of staying or signing w/Denver. Nick believed he was likely (wisely) advised by his agent to not immediately sign with the Saints after having such a great nationally televised game. LT’s market was hotter and he probably received a good contract and more playing time in Denver. The Front Office can’t make vets stay put. These guys have autonomy and can choose where they wish to play IF they have a market.

Losing has made this fanbase completely reactionary.
We were not going to make him a starter over MI and Kamara, so smart move by him and his agent.

Before the game he hadn’t played a single down and spent all offseason on his couch. The entire NFL could have signed him to their active roster before the game and chose not to.

And after practice and playing him in the game we saw first hand how good he still looks it’s not even an argument.

Bottom line there is a problem with player evaluation and decision making Stevie Wonder can see it would have been the right choice to sign LM to the active roster.

Wrong The saints could’ve and should’ve signed Murray the week before the game they instead left him on the practice squad then and only then after the game Murray could decide. Murray and Alvin have never got along.
The only reason the Saints would've had to do this if if some clairvoyant fairy whispered it into Loomis or Allen's ear ahead of time. Because none of the people complaining about losing Murray was banging on about keeping him from leaving.

This is a hindsight is 20/20 situation. Nothing more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom