Welp we lost Murray to the Broncos (1 Viewer)

So from what I understand, this entire situation was in Murray's hands, he chose to leave.
He had that option because we decided that Ingram and Jones are more valuable than him but the reality of it, they aren’t. Murray was our best player on Sunday and the type of running back we needed. If they’re so easy to find in the NFL then why have we struggled at that position. Saints are a better team with him on the roster. We just got worst today. Loomis and DA need to be sent packing. We are barely 1-3 and it’s just bad move after bad move.

Just an awfully run franchise at this moment in time. We’re quickly becoming the laughing stock of the NFL. Just bad move after bad move. Some people can’t help but try to justify it but it’s inexcusable. We should of cut Jones and signed LM to the team. Laughable.
Lol we're one of the most stable franchises in the league over the last 15 years.

I remain a little more optimistic because I see other good teams playing ugly football too. Nobody can really distinguish at this point who is and who isn't a real playoff team. Despite playing poorly, it's worth noting that we haven't exactly had the doors blown off either.

Lol wait what? Why was he on the practice squad? He goes in and gives our running game the spark it needed and then moments later he's back on the practice squad? I'm not Vince Lombardi or Bill Belichick but it seems like they should've kept Murray on the active squad. We've struggled to run between the tackles and Murray came in and promptly averaged 5.2 yards per carry.

What's with the Tony Jones Jr infatuation? I know he's a quality preseason back but he hasn't shown us anything in real games. He must be awesome at practicing.

Don't worry, Zach Baun, and Tony Jones is still here. Tony Jones has never ran the ball as good as Murry.........................ever!!!!!!
I wonder if Loomis and DA forgot they traded their 1st round pick next year. These type moves make me wonder if we’re tanking to get the 33rd pick next draft.

Lol we're one of the most stable franchises in the league over the last 15 years.

I remain a little more optimistic because I see other good teams playing ugly football too. Nobody can really distinguish at this point who is and who isn't a real playoff team. Despite playing poorly, it's worth noting that we haven't exactly had the doors blown off either.
Because of Brees and Payton. Sadly hiring SP doesn’t give Loomis a free pass for the past few years of honking decisions. I also said, “we are currently a badly run team”, and we are.

You can try to dress it up anyway you like but you’re only fooling yourself I’m afraid. We are only 1-3 because we scraped a win against a poor Atlanta team. None of this is excused simply because other teams may not be playing elite. Doesn’t change the fact we are 1-3, with no QB, banged up RB, banged up WR1, no first round next year. Optimistic and false hope are two different things. I’m realistic. What needs to happen for you to think so? A loss is a loss. We stand a great chance at finishing bottom of the division. You do realise that?

Clearly the people that made it the among the most stable (SP and DB) are no longer here and you see the results.

You’re welcome to carry the front office’s water, but the new norm is stuff like this (over paying to move up, giving away Ceedy, putting our best available back on practice squad). Incompetence is going to continue until we get a new sheriff (and pray Gayle identifies the right one).

Clearly the people that made it the among the most stable (SP and DB) are no longer here and you see the results.

You’re welcome to carry the front office’s water, but the new norm is stuff like this (over paying to move up, giving away Ceedy, putting our best available back on practice squad). Incompetence is going to continue until we get a new sheriff (and pray Gayle identifies the right one).
I agree with your statement. My biggest worry is if the commander in chief (Gayle) has the stones to fire Loomis. Something tells me she doesn’t. She inherited the Team from Tom and it’s no secret she has let Loomis know run the show since. With SP and Drew here they obviously had an input too but since they’re gone it’s all on Loomis. She’s probably best mates with him and thinks he’s doing a marvellous job. He’s got job security for life.

Because of Brees and Payton. Sadly hiring SP doesn’t give Loomis a free pass for the past few years of honking decisions. I also said, “we are currently a badly run team”, and we are.

You can try to dress it up anyway you like but you’re only fooling yourself I’m afraid. We are only 1-3 because we scraped a win against a poor Atlanta team. None of this is excused simply because other teams may not be playing elite. Doesn’t change the fact we are 1-3, with no QB, banged up RB, banged up WR1, no first round next year. Optimistic and false hope are two different things. I’m realistic. What needs to happen for you to think so? A loss is a loss. We stand a great chance at finishing bottom of the division. You do realise that?
From a talent standpoint, the Saints can still stand up to most teams in the league except maybe Buffalo and Kansas City. A lot of their problems are bad technique or lack of focus which can be fixed over the course of a season. If at the end of October these issues are still there and our record is trash then yeah that's enough of a sample size to worry.

None of us knows how this season is going to play out or how the tenure of Dennis Allen is going to go. He's not getting fired if he misses the playoffs this year unless something weird happens and we're just historically bad. We're probably looking at a 3 year window, at the least, to see if DA can get the job done.

This team isn’t serious. Terrible management.
I didn’t go through the whole thread yet, so this may have already been addressed. But the team didn’t drop the ball on LT. Nick Underhill explained that LT had the option of staying or signing w/Denver. Nick believed he was likely (wisely) advised by his agent to not immediately sign with the Saints after having such a great nationally televised game. LT’s market was hotter and he probably received a good contract and more playing time in Denver. The Front Office can’t make vets stay put. These guys have autonomy and can choose where they wish to play IF they have a market.

Losing has made this fanbase completely reactionary.

Let's admit it, Ingram has hit the wall. So bewildering decision here.

Again, the decision making that has happened since Payton exited the building is going to bring us to our knees as an organization. To say it's the beginning of the end is putting it mildly.

Mrs. Benson's skills as an owner will be put to the test.
That's a door no one wants to open but we may have to in a couple of years.

What bad decisions specifically?

People are melting over Murray as if RBs like him aren't a dime a dozen in the NFL.
Thank you. This Murray situation is a nonissue, but folks love being dramatic on here. I may need to hop off these boards for a few weeks. The over reactions are ridiculous.

It’s annoying because at the beginning of September, most of this board was applauding almost every move the front office made. Now, all of a sudden, they’re the worst administration in the league and need to go. People swore Sean was losing his edge last year and should be run out of town. Now many of those same persons would give their left eyeball to have him back.

It’s ridiculous how irrational this board has been lately. There are maybe two teams total in our conference that look legit. Most of the NFC is utter trash. We are no more out of the fight than the rest of the NFC. We have the talent. We need to tighten up and stop the turnovers. We aren’t nearly as far off as this chicken little board believes.

It’s ridiculous how irrational this board has been lately. There are maybe two teams total in our conference that look legit. Most of the NFC is utter trash. We are no more out of the fight than the rest of the NFC. We have the talent. We need to tighten up and stop the turnovers. We aren’t nearly as far off as this chicken little board believes.
I do understand why everyone has crept closer to the ledge after this loss in London. Not only was everyone assuming that we’d right the ship this past week, but no one wants to envision life as a Saints fan the way it was during the pre-Payton/Brees era. Sean himself said that Saints fan could never go back once we had tasted the ultimate enjoyment of being world champions.

I believe the jury is still out on whether the new regime can bring us back to our glory days. But one thing is certain; it’s NOT going to happen overnight, and we will likely have to endure some very rough seasons along the way.

I can see already that many fans won’t have the fortitude to stomach the rough waters ahead. But I’m ready for our new ‘cellar-dweller’ role. Decades of watch my Saints lose has taught me how to ride out the storm.

Life jackets everyone!!!

In the gameday chat room I posted that picking up L. Murray proved to be a smart move.

First saw the Broncos acquiring LM news on Ozwego's 2022 NFL League News (Signings, tags and more) thread late last night.

Knew there would be a thread on it. I had my pitchfork sharpened and ready to attack the front office. After reading through it, I realized I didn't understand the practice squad rules. I assumed we kinda had right of first refusal, like the waiver wire. Now I'm hugely disappointed, but don't fault the F.O.

After knowing that L.M. chose the Broncos there are still a bunch of rants about the Saints incompetence. Understandable, but fair? I did a search on when we (of all 32 teams) brought Murray to the practice squad and all I see is a couple of news articles posted and didn't see a thread started. Everyone was pretty much "meh" about it. If we had cut someone from the 53 and added LM to it at that time, I bet there would've been a thread bashing the F.O. for the move. Amirite?

It was a nice under-the-radar move to pick him up for insurance. He blew up Sunday and he got poached. Sucks, but I'm not going to kick and scream and act like I knew he would perform so well.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom