Wendy's Beef (2 Viewers)

I doubt that anybody is going to randomly walk into a burger king and be so amazed by how hard somebody is working that they offer them a great paying job.

Expecting top level service for minimum pay is the same as buying the cheapest vehicle that you can buy but expecting high end performance.

i don’t disagree. I don’t have the expectations. But to me it’s just the death of the chain. They are poorly run. They can’t raise wages because they would price themselves right into the better burger market and there isn’t much chance that they will improve the burger or that they could overcome the reputation. I’m sort of surprised it isn’t already dead.

my point was, how does McDonalds give much better service? Maybe they pay more, I just don’t know. And the case for someone getting hired for excellent service has happened. Heck I would do it in a heartbeat.

I doubt that anybody is going to randomly walk into a burger king and be so amazed by how hard somebody is working that they offer them a great paying job.

Expecting top level service for minimum pay is the same as buying the cheapest vehicle that you can buy but expecting high end performance.
That's a problem. You either have a good work ethics or you don't. Hourly rate shouldn't effect the amount of try. If you're slacking for minimum wage you're just a slacker in general and no amount of pay is going to change that. You'll always look for the easy way. My son is 16 and just started working this fall. I told him to be the best worker and employee they have. That's how you get ahead in life. The money don't come before the work.

That's a problem. You either have a good work ethics or you don't. Hourly rate shouldn't effect the amount of try. If you're slacking for minimum wage you're just a slacker in general and no amount of pay is going to change that. You'll always look for the easy way. My son is 16 and just started working this fall. I told him to be the best worker and employee they have. That's how you get ahead in life. The money don't come before the work.
You're right about work ethic. I deal with that every day. I have a guy on my crew who intentionally slows us down. He's always angry because our other crew member works like I do. No amount of money will fix that.

However, if you're paid minimum wage, you're not afraid of losing your job because you can go absolutely anywhere else and get paid the same, or better.

it's not only about minimum wage. it's also about hours. I know some people who are just starting out in the work force (just out of high school) who work at McDonalds, and they say they are lucky if they get 15 hours a week. when if your making minimum wage, but getting 32 - 40 hours a week, you can mostly support yourself when youre just starting out. but making the minimum while only getting 15 hours a week, you just don't care.. I know first hand you get more work from one full time employee than you get out of 2 part timers... way more.

Crappy management can beat that out of you, though.
If you're made to feel like a chump for doing your best, it won't be long until the minimum acceptable effort becomes your default.

back to the original topic. when it comes to taste. Wendy's is far better than McD.
if someone walked in with a Wendy's burger and a McD burger, 100 times out of 100 times I would pick Wendy's.
The only 2 reasons I every go to mcd is because I need quick or my kids beg...

Does McDonald's even try to compete on Social Media? I would suspect if they tried to diss any other, they would get hammered..

well the small fries is really plenty for 2 people. And I’m not a whopper jr guy so my mea at Burger King would be at least nine just for me. And we eat eat at five guys for around 20 for two of us. So I guess it all depends and what and how you order. For me, that one dollar or 2 dollar difference offers a major upgrade. The fries are exponentially better. And the burger is way better.

and the worst part about Burger King is just how poorly it is managed from top down. Managers don’t care at most of them so neither do employees. Food is literally thrown in a box. Stuff is missing. Sometimes you just get forgotten.

I've had way more issues at McDonald's over Burger King to the point where I will never eat at a McD's again. You also definitely should get the small fries at 5 Guys and at least for me I don't need a drink so that helps the price out. Also Rally's big buford is a great burger and their fries are awesome so I'd choose them over the normal 3 choices.

Crappy management can beat that out of you, though.
If you're made to feel like a chump for doing your best, it won't be long until the minimum acceptable effort becomes your default.
I'm not denying that happens, and frequently, but it doesn't have to be that way. My son's first job was at KFC here in town. He was there about 6 months and we all by then had noticed how bad his management team was. I told him you can keep dealing with it and let it drag you down or do something about it. He started applying at other places and 2 days later had another job at Canes. Worked his 2 week notice out at KFC and now loves where he's at. I'm trying to teach my son the lessons I learned the hard way. Life is too short to work a job you hate or let a job change who you are as a person. My son is a hard worker. That's one of the things I respect about him. He's 16 so he's not the brightest bulb on the tree yet but that will come with time. No one will say he doesn't work hard though.

I don't remember if this was the last time I went to McD's because this was maybe 5 years ago but I bought two single cheeseburgers while on my lunch break. I get back to work and the first burger I decide to eat I noticed is a double so I was thrilled. I eat that bad boy and open the second one and take a bite. No meat. How in Hades do you put together a burger and leave off the meat and send it out? How hard is it to craft two single cheeseburgers? And their fries aren't nearly as good as people make them out to be. If they are fresh then sure they are pretty good but I've gotten plenty of subpar fries from them. I did hear a trick in always getting fresh fries from them but I'll never try it because I'm never going back there ever again. Tell them you want fries with no salt. They will have to make a fresh batch for you and when they dump them into their tray they get enough residual salt from all the other batches. Also Wendy's fries need more salt but I can also ask for some to fix that. I just think they should come with more salt without me adding it myself.

back to the original topic. when it comes to taste. Wendy's is far better than McD.
if someone walked in with a Wendy's burger and a McD burger, 100 times out of 100 times I would pick Wendy's.
The only 2 reasons I every go to mcd is because I need quick or my kids beg...
I like McDonald's fries better but for me the burgers are kind of a wash. I get the same thing almost all the time at both. Jr bacon cheeseburger at Wendy's and double cheeseburger at McDonald's. Neither have a wow factor. Those aren't really meant to do that though....they're meant to make a turd cheap which is right in my wheelhouse haha

I don't remember if this was the last time I went to McD's because this was maybe 5 years ago but I bought two single cheeseburgers while on my lunch break. I get back to work and the first burger I decide to eat I noticed is a double so I was thrilled. I eat that bad boy and open the second one and take a bite. No meat. How in Hades do you put together a burger and leave off the meat and send it out? How hard is it to craft two single cheeseburgers? And their fries aren't nearly as good as people make them out to be. If they are fresh then sure they are pretty good but I've gotten plenty of subpar fries from them. I did hear a trick in always getting fresh fries from them but I'll never try it because I'm never going back there ever again. Tell them you want fries with no salt. They will have to make a fresh batch for you and when they dump them into their tray they get enough residual salt from all the other batches. Also Wendy's fries need more salt but I can also ask for some to fix that. I just think they should come with more salt without me adding it myself.
Now you're opening up the "salt on fries or salt in ketchup" debate....I'm all about salting my ketchup.

Now you're opening up the "salt on fries or salt in ketchup" debate....I'm all about salting my ketchup.

I didn't even know there was a debate like that. I don't always eat fries with ketchup so my fries need to be salted properly. And if I'm eating Rally's fries I'm definitely not using ketchup.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom