Wendy's Beef (1 Viewer)

but where is it?

Vintage-Wheres-The-Beef-Wendys-Commercial-Jigsaw-Puzzle-_57.jpg

my favorite was the one with Dick Butkus.

"Butt Kiss, what kind of a name is Butt Kiss?"

Wendy’s mascot — that red-haired, pigtailed, freckle-cheeked girl — might look sweet.

But the fast-food chain’s tweets, accompanied by an image of her grinning face, are anything but. And lately, the burger purveyor’s snark is reaching triple-stack levels — and its trolling of competitors is colder than a Frosty shake.

On Tuesday, Wendy’s responded with an insult to a tweet of a news story about a new Burger King sandwich, available in New Zealand, that features fries in place of the usual burger patty.

“When literally anything would be better on a bun than their beef,” the chain wrote..........

Wendy's went straight savage last year when a comic book writer asked them to choose between DC and Marvel. Their response to some fans was Twitter gold.

Wendy’s mascot — that red-haired, pigtailed, freckle-cheeked girl — might look sweet.

But the fast-food chain’s tweets, accompanied by an image of her grinning face, are anything but. And lately, the burger purveyor’s snark is reaching triple-stack levels — and its trolling of competitors is colder than a Frosty shake.

On Tuesday, Wendy’s responded with an insult to a tweet of a news story about a new Burger King sandwich, available in New Zealand, that features fries in place of the usual burger patty.

“When literally anything would be better on a bun than their beef,” the chain wrote..........

ouch. I think it’s not really true though. The flame broil is the only thing they do well. At this point there is so much competition for better burgers for just slightly more money that Burger King and McDonald’s should join forces. Let McDonalds do fries and everything else and let BK do the burgers. There were still be better options but I could at least see myself doing that twice a year.

they need to put King in rehab though.

Last edited:
ouch. I think it’s not really true though. The flame broil is the only thing they do well. At this point there is so much competition for better burgers for just slightly more money that Burger King and McDonald’s should join forces. Let McDonalds do fries and everything else and let BK do the burgers. There were still be better options but I could at least see myself doing that twice a year.

they need to put King in rehab though.
I rarely eat fast food burgers now,but Wendy's is my choice of the big three. Their patties are fresh and never frozen. I can tell
the difference. They could improve though. They really need to toast their buns. If they did, the burger would be a lot better

I rarely eat fast food burgers now,but Wendy's is my choice of the big three. Their patties are fresh and never frozen. I can tell
the difference. They could improve though. They really need to toast their buns. If they did, the burger would be a lot better

i agree that it’s a better pattie. It used to be my choice of those three. Now I just don’t eat burgers out or I eat five guys or better guys.

i agree that it’s a better pattie. It used to be my choice of those three. Now I just don’t eat burgers out or I eat five guys or better guys.

Went to 5 guys one time. While the burger and fries were good in no way were they worth $15.00 when I could have gone 1 block further and got a whopper Jr and fries for $6-$7 and been just as happy.

Went to 5 guys one time. While the burger and fries were good in no way were they worth $15.00 when I could have gone 1 block further and got a whopper Jr and fries for $6-$7 and been just as happy.

well the small fries is really plenty for 2 people. And I’m not a whopper jr guy so my mea at Burger King would be at least nine just for me. And we eat eat at five guys for around 20 for two of us. So I guess it all depends and what and how you order. For me, that one dollar or 2 dollar difference offers a major upgrade. The fries are exponentially better. And the burger is way better.

and the worst part about Burger King is just how poorly it is managed from top down. Managers don’t care at most of them so neither do employees. Food is literally thrown in a box. Stuff is missing. Sometimes you just get forgotten.

The reason to go to "Five Guys" is for french fries that are actually made out of potatoes.

The burger is just above fast food level.

There's a local chain in Northwest Indiana called "Schoops" that has the opposite problem. They have amazing hamburgers but terrible fries. I have done the fat guy daily double and purchased the fries from Five guys and the burger from Schoops. It's my favorite

well the small fries is really plenty for 2 people. And I’m not a whopper jr guy so my mea at Burger King would be at least nine just for me. And we eat eat at five guys for around 20 for two of us. So I guess it all depends and what and how you order. For me, that one dollar or 2 dollar difference offers a major upgrade. The fries are exponentially better. And the burger is way better.

and the worst part about Burger King is just how poorly it is managed from top down. Managers don’t care at most of them so neither do employees. Food is literally thrown in a box. Stuff is missing. Sometimes you just get forgotten.
When people are paid the minimum, nobody should expect to receive more than the minimum from them.

When people are paid the minimum, nobody should expect to receive more than the minimum from them.

im not sure who pays more but McDonalds actually much better management structure. Because I have seen the issue at innumerable BKs back when Iate it, I would assume it’s a top down problem. And while I would agree about what we might be able to expect, it’s really sad that someone who has to take a job at Burger King will give you Burger King level expectations. Because that is the best way to keep yourself working at Burger King forever.

I haven't been to a BK in several years. Easily my favorite burger of the fast food places but you can't get a quality burger or service at any of them. Last 2 or 3 times I went I ended up walking out because of service issues and decided I was just done messing with them because even if I would've gotten my burger it would've been disappointing. In their Hay day though they made a great tasting burger.

im not sure who pays more but McDonalds actually much better management structure. Because I have seen the issue at innumerable BKs back when Iate it, I would assume it’s a top down problem. And while I would agree about what we might be able to expect, it’s really sad that someone who has to take a job at Burger King will give you Burger King level expectations. Because that is the best way to keep yourself working at Burger King forever.
I doubt that anybody is going to randomly walk into a burger king and be so amazed by how hard somebody is working that they offer them a great paying job.

Expecting top level service for minimum pay is the same as buying the cheapest vehicle that you can buy but expecting high end performance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom