We're in GOOD shape (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Based on all the important number crunching/tiebreaker stuff, Atlanta is the only team in the NFC in better shape than us. If the goal is getting to the playoffs, there is an 84% probability that we will reach that goal. Given
that we were 4-3 a month ago, with the exception of Atlanta having not fallen apart, this is the best possible outcome we could have hoped for. At 4-3, although everybody thought we could, few thought we probably would (win the next four games). But we did, and here we are.. in really good shape.

5220857227_6509fd50fe_b.jpg

Yeah but we still play them, and they have four more games to go on top of that. Remember, we were 13-0 and nobody saw us dropping a game for the rest of the season. We not only lost one, but the last three. To assume Atlanta is going to run the table is just bracing for the worst, but in reality.. it probably won't happen.

We're not in good shape. We're capable of much more. Good shape is when your meeting your expectations. Wildcard, is below the expectation.

And having to play away games in the playoffs, in the cold of January, when were built as a dome heavy pass team, or playing an away game when the home team is 19-1 at home, is not in good shape.

The fact that we are in the same division as the team in better shape than us is not a good thing.

No kidding. Our expectations before the season were, realistically, division title and a bye. HFA would have been nice, but I think most "base" expectations going into the playoffs were at least the #2 seed.

Clearly, barring the unforeseen, we're going to the playoffs. But as a #5? That's disappointing. I'm not "blaming" anyone, Atlanta is having a great season, **** happens. But we're not by any means in "great" shape to achieve what I would have considered perfectly reasonable expectations for the regular season.

We need help.

Atlanta is the problem(same div.), at the current rate all our hard work leads to a 5th seed. I just don't see Atl dropping more than one game for the remainder of their schedule (and they win the tie breaker with us).

I put that into Google Translate and it came back as "Garrett Hartley".

Hartley notwithstanding, we lost to a good team there. There are no excuses for losing to Cleveland and Arizona. That's what killed us more than anything. I don't know why Hartley and that one kick is the sole focus for blame when we had chances to still have the best record in the league had we just beaten teams that are clearly inferior.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/saintswhatif.html
Best Case Scenario
Buccaneers beats Falcons
Forty-Niners beats Packers
Saints beats Bengals

Our chance to clinch a bye goes up to 25%. Lets just hope for that at this point.

I am actually changing up my Fantasy Football lineup to depend on Atlanta doing well, including benching LaGarrate Blount. This pretty much ensures that TB will crush the Failclowns. Look for Blount to have 3 TDs...

why does atlanta hold the tie breaker over us? if we beat them in the next game..

it would leave both of us with 3 losses..
1 in the division
1 to an nfc team
1 to an afc team

We may get a bye week afterall. If we lock up the 5th seed by game 15 and there is no chance of passing Atlanta, then why no rest our starters for the last game? (again only if the 5th seed is locked up)

why does atlanta hold the tie breaker over us? if we beat them in the next game..

it would leave both of us with 3 losses..
1 in the division
1 to an nfc team
1 to an afc team

Because the tiebreak order is like this in your scenario:

1. head-to-head TIE We each beat the other

2. division win-loss TIE Both teams are 5-1 in the division

3. common games Falcons win

We both beat the Ravens, Bengals, Seahawks, Rams, & 49ers.

They beat the Cardinals, Browns and lost to the Steelers to go 7-1 in common games

We beat the Steelers, but lost to the Cards and Browns to go 6-2.

Going into Atlanta and beating them in Dec sends a strong message if we have to go back in January.

Remember we beat one of the greatest teams of all times with one of the best QB,s of all time in SB44. AND WE DID IT ON THE ROAD

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/saintswhatif.html
Best Case Scenario
Buccaneers beats Falcons
Forty-Niners beats Packers
Saints beats Bengals

Our chance to clinch a bye goes up to 25%. Lets just hope for that at this point.

I am actually changing up my Fantasy Football lineup to depend on Atlanta doing well, including benching LaGarrate Blount. This pretty much ensures that TB will crush the Failclowns. Look for Blount to have 3 TDs...

Your sacrifice is inspiring...

The minute Atlanta loses a game we are in good shape. We need at least two Atlanta losses one of them being to us as we run the table. The out of division stuff will sort itself out. We need to win the division to be in good shape. The goal is not playoffs, the goal is super bowl. We are not in great shape yet, but we keep winning, we may very well find ourselves in great shape very shortly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom