Were injuries addressed at all in the press conference this morning? (1 Viewer)

with hargrove playing like a starter since the day he signed, finding another back-up 3 tech doesnt seem as difficult as trying to find a replacement for evans who adds an element of suprise to the offense.

heath has 3 TDs in 6 games along with a few clutch first downs for us along the way. we need him back and to find a short-term replacement.

Marcel Reece of the raiders (PS)
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72875&draftyear=2008&genpos=FB

or kevin dudley, assuming he is still playing football at some level and would not come in cold off the street after not having played for 2 years, would be nice options.

with hargrove playing like a starter since the day he signed, finding another back-up 3 tech doesnt seem as difficult as trying to find a replacement for evans who adds an element of suprise to the offense.

heath has 3 TDs in 6 games along with a few clutch first downs for us along the way. we need him back and to find a short-term replacement.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=72875&draftyear=2008&genpos=FB

or kevin dudley, assuming he is still playing football at some level and would not come in cold off the street after not having played for 2 years, would be nice options.

I don't think the Saints will go outside the organization to get a fill in player for either Ellis or Evans. I'd bet they use D. Thomas as a blocking back and possibly even L. Hamilton as the fullback replacements. As for DT why not give D. Pressley a shot. He did pretty well for the Saints in Preseason play.

white.png
jeffduncantp Payton, per usual, wouldn't reveal injury information about S.Ellis, H.Evans & S.Fujita. Payton: "We'll go through the injuries on Thursday"

And SP mentioned he wont say anything till Thursday.

I don't think the Saints will go outside the organization to get a fill in player for either Ellis or Evans. I'd bet they use D. Thomas as a blocking back

This is what I'm thinking. I would just add that I think we'll see Clancy back in the DT rotation; Hargrove will start at the 3-tech alongside Ayodele.

I don't think the Saints will go outside the organization to get a fill in player for either Ellis or Evans. I'd bet they use D. Thomas as a blocking back and possibly even L. Hamilton as the fullback replacements. As for DT why not give D. Pressley a shot. He did pretty well for the Saints in Preseason play.

i'd think that you have to at this point,but i've been wrong several times before.

aside from hargrove we have no other 3Techs and now we have no true lead blockers either who are adept at both blocking and receiving like evans was. personally i think that evans hurts more than ellis right now but without hargrove we'd have no one to play the 3-tech. pressley looked better at end than tackle and even if we were to bring back pressley we would have to release somebody anyway.i think that all options will be considered but i just thought that i'd skim through the list of possible replacements to pass the time.

at 3 tech: mitch king is also a good player on the titans practice squad who is very similar to brian young.

Unless we are putting Evans and Ellis on IR, we can't sign a replacement without releasing someone else. Who would you release?

Fletcher Mackel's twitter page: payton told media he will not address injuries (ellis, evans, fujita) until thurs,but I did see heath evans in the locker room on crutches
40 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom