Were Our Expectations Too High? (1 Viewer)

I don't judge performance on "expectations." NFL games and seasons aren't played on paper. The way the team has played so far... stumbling to a record with 8 or less wins would be extremely disappointing.

I don't think those expectations were too high either. We are the best team in the NFC South. We have the most talent. We should win the division. I believe this.

I think the Panthers are probably the better team overall (more complete on both sides of the ball). That said, they're certainly beatable.

Last edited:
At the outset of this season people, most I might add, were thinking 3 - 6 wins all year. So for me I have not had any high expectations. I have been looking for consistency and improvement all year and for the most part I am extremely pleased with what coach Payton and Loomis have done in such a short time. I do think, however, that many got spoiled with the early success, but all of us must recognize that teams don't usually turn around in one season. There is only so many holes a team can fill each year and frankly Loomis and Payton have done a remarkable job getting serviceable veterans and a huge draft class to make us as competitive as we have been.
I am going to sit back and enjoy them competing and HOPE that we can somehow get into the playoffs this year.

I had no expectations for their win loss record. I expected to see disciplined football with improvement each week.

They have been regressing as of late so I am disappointed.

A win will put those expectations right up there again. Good teams expect to win.

I think most people thought somewhere between 6 and 10 wins so we'll see. What happened is people got caught up with the winning on the weak side of the schedule because we looked better than we thought we could so soon.

Other than Washington, there isn't a game on the remainder of the schedule that I feel comfortable in saying we'll win.

I'm hoping if we can get a W today with the Falcons, we can get the momentum to get SF, Wash, NYG, and have 10 wins coming home with Carolina

If you're not optimistic when you're the number one team in the division, there is something wrong with you as a fan.

Why are the Panthers comming on? Is it because they beat two losing teams in the Bucs and Rams?

lets just see how this game gets played

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom