Wesley Clark: McCain doesn't have the right kind of military experience to be commander-in-chief (1 Viewer)

Dad, you are missing my point. I am talking about after the primaries. Unless I am missing something...like she prematurely chose him as a running-mate. Still, it would not matter.

art.hrcwes0302.ap.jpg

Between that one and this one, they almost look smitten with each other:

iowadiner.jpg

Dad, you are missing my point. I am talking about after the primaries. Unless I am missing something...like she prematurely chose him as a running-mate. Still, it would not matter.

Offhand, I'd say he wanted his name in the hat and leave it at that.

He is wrong about McCain and should not repeat those words, ever. If an actor, peanut farmer and oil man can hold the office...McCain can also. The guy was a POW. IMO, do not go after his military experience. Webb would be my last vote. He earned Kudos for his boot antics and "fierce freshman demeanor." But, linking him with an Obama is too much for people to vote for (novice-wise).

Webb is a moderate Dem and a credible voice on foreign policy. He's well respected by Republicans and could give an Obama ticket the centrist flavor it'll be lacking. Plus he could actually help get VA in the blue column this November, which would be huge.

He's no novice, having served in the Reagan Administration. And I don't think Americans care a whole lot about amount of time in the Senate. Obama could do a lot worse.

Webb is a moderate Dem and a credible voice on foreign policy. He's well respected by Republicans and could give an Obama ticket the centrist flavor it'll be lacking. Plus he could actually help get VA in the blue column this November, which would be huge.

He's no novice, having served in the Reagan Administration. And I don't think Americans care a whole lot about amount of time in the Senate. Obama could do a lot worse.

D, he is also a Vienam Veteran, father is buried in Arlington...and has a Son serving right now. So, as you would know, I like Webb and agree with the above, except linking him with Obama. He would not be my choice because most Americans will just see tham as both recently on the political scene (average Joe). Wesley ran for Pres himself last time, which is why I think he would draw larger masses.

Have you heard any rumors around the campaign workers campfire?

Kathleen Sebelius and Bill Richardson are names that keep coming up. I honestly have no idea, though. Still worried about Texas, quite frankly.

D, he is also a Vienam Veteran, father is buried in Arlington...and has a Son serving right now.

I certainly didn't mean to leave out these facts. Indeed, I think they're Webb's strongest selling points. He's a war hero, which negates the McCain effect. And with his son serving on the frontline, Webb has credibility that most long-time members of Congress can't touch. When he speaks out against the War, Americans listen. The more I think about it, the more I warm up to the idea.

Clark would be a decent choice, if it weren't for that whole Hillary thing.

If Barack can work out a deal with Colin Powell on Sec of Defense, he won't need to go military exp with the VP pick imo.

He has to win in November first.

Well, he needs to win in 48 hrs first. It's not uncommon to work out arrangements on a few cabinet positions during the campaign, though.

Well, he needs to win in 48 hrs first.

Spoken like a true foot soldier. :9:

As far as the cabinet position negotiations.... the American people aren't going to know about those. A candidate's running mate is the first major indication of how he/she plans to run his/her general campaign. National security will remain a huge issue, and with all this ongoing silliness about Obama's middle name, his religious/ideological affiliations, and his unabashed dovishness, a strong military running mate like Webb might ease some concerns. I still haven't decided whether I prefer military or economic experience on Barack's ticket.

Kathleen Sebelius and Bill Richardson are names that keep coming up. I honestly have no idea, though. Still worried about Texas, quite frankly.
IMO Bill Richardson would make a very strong running mate for Obama.

Some of the Sunday talking heads tout Anthony Zinni as BO VP material. I still think it should be Biden. That ticket would have political experience. Clark is a Hillary supporter. A host of Presidents have occupied lowly military positions and acquitted themselves well in office.

If a cipher without executive experience needs to be cited, Harry Truman, an artillary office in WW1, creature of the Kansas City corrupt political machine, and relactant compromise VP choice when Henry Wallace's leftism proved unpalatable, is Obama's role model. Wes Clark, on this topic as with so many others, is Wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom