Wesley Clark: McCain doesn't have the right kind of military experience to be commander-in-chief (1 Viewer)

He has the right to say whatever he wants and I have the right to think he's a tool.

Not surprising at all.

McCain was an Annapolis graduate and pilot who went on to be a training squadron commander after his return from Vietnam.

Clark is a Rhodes scholar and West Pointer who went up to the 4-star level.

Of course Clark is going to denegrate McCain's military leadership experience.

I believe Clark's statements to have a minimal amount of obfuscation .

On the bright side , everyone mentioned there has the qualifications to opperate within a mafia type organization .

IMO, this is the guy that BO is going to choose for his running-mate. He needs Wesley, and I am more convinced now that he would accept if OB asked.

Orly? And Carter, Reagan, Clinton and Bush did? Idiotic statement. IF recent history proves anything one doesn't need to be a great military leader or have any military background to run the country. Ike was a great Gen and a fair Pres. Grant a great Gen and 'alleged" drunk in office. TR was good on the battlefield and a great pres. Whatever.

Orly? And Carter, Reagan, Clinton and Bush did? Idiotic statement. IF recent history proves anything one doesn't need to be a great military leader or have any military background to run the country. Ike was a great Gen and a fair Pres. Grant a great Gen and 'alleged" drunk in office. TR was good on the battlefield and a great pres. Whatever.

That's actually kind of what he's saying. Clinton, has no military experience, but she's had more experience on an international scene then McCain therefore making her more qualified on national security and meeting with political figures abroad.

What Clark said to me makes sense. McCains military experience does not equate to the political experience needed to be commander in chief. McCain and Hillary both trumpet "foreign policy" experience and neither in my mind has a strong definite background in that area. Hillary likes to equate 8 yrs as first lady to 8yrs experience as commander in chief. I actually think at times she will slip up and say, "when I was president in the 90's"

He also brings up Clinton's Senate experience as one of her strong suits, which I can't agree, McCain has more experience in the Senate then both Democrats combined so I view that as more of just a guy backing his candidate who's at the moment is trailing in the race.

IMO, this is the guy that BO is going to choose for his running-mate. He needs Wesley, and I am more convinced now that he would accept if OB asked.

Uh, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. If BO wins the nomination, put your money on him picking a running mate who did not endorse Hillary Clinton. lol.

Uh, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. If BO wins the nomination, put your money on him picking a running mate who did not endorse Hillary Clinton. lol.

Have you heard any rumors around the campaign workers campfire?

He's running a Political Action Committee that endorsed Senator Clinton back in September. He's been campaigning for her in Texas.

http://securingamerica.com/

If he's going to be anybody's running mate, it's hers, not Senator Obama's.

Actually, it would be a great move to bring Wesley on board Gavin. The primaries are primaries. Once the nominee is selected, everyone will get behind him or her (very possible still) and mount a campaign for the White House. John Kerry brought his direct opponent on board (John Edwards) a guy who did not get Kerry's endorsements this outing. Also, as Dad laid out, Gen. Clark brings much to the table...and is something the White House has been missing for a long while.

Same for all if Hillary gets the nod.

art.hrcwes0302.ap.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom