Question Wet wipes or old fashioned TP? (1 Viewer)

SigFreudianSlip

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
As I’m finally coming out of the medical malaise I’ve been in (thank ya lawdy) I pose this question to you all.

A few years ago I married my wife and must say in those years the greatest thing she introduced me to in this world is a wet wipe.

It’s literally changed my life. ?

What say you SR ladies and gents, old fashioned sandpaper for the business or cool refreshing wet wipes?

As a disclaimer, if I’ve made this thread just let me know and I’ll delete, past few months were touch and go and filled with heavy painkillers.

Lastly, a huge thank you to all who reached out to me with well wishes, prayers and such, it really meant very much to my wife and I.

Who Dat.

Joshua

I guess honestly it’s not a big deal to me. I eat a good diet, watch my alcohol intake all that good stuff. I don’t remember the last time other than when I had food poisoning a couple months ago, oh lord that was bad, that there was a whole lot of need for either one anyway. However, I do have to say that at times wipes are a gift from heaven. Now, if you want to know the truth, a bidet with a warm Water rinse and a warm air dry is pretty amazing.

What was happening in your life that allowed a bowel movement’s cleanup to change your life?

What was happening in your life that allowed a bowel movement’s cleanup to change your life?

@WhoDatPhan78 I believe has the bowel issues. ?

Lol just being hyperbolic.
I am glad I was introduced to them. My bowel movements are and have always been just fine. I’m a very hygienic person and just appreciate the feel and clean of the wet wipes as opposed to TP.
Am amazed I’d never known about them.

That’s it. ?

Hump you haven't made this thread before, but it's certainly not the first time you've broached the subject - one might even say you're fixated (i'm not saying that, but one might - probably BobE)

as for me, when i was in the diapering phase with my boys, i had occasion to use flushable wipes and was not overly impressed
as i see it the idea is to remove moisture from the alluded to area, not introduce more

but tangentially, i've also wondered about this

just don't understand how sometimes you can fall into this wormhole to a wiping loop

Hump you haven't made this thread before, but it's certainly not the first time you've broached the subject - one might even say you're fixated (i'm not saying that, but one might - probably BobE)

as for me, when i was in the diapering phase with my boys, i had occasion to use flushable wipes and was not overly impressed
as i see it the idea is to remove moisture from the alluded to area, not introduce more

but tangentially, i've also wondered about this

just don't understand how sometimes you can fall into this wormhole to a wiping loop

One would probably be right to suggest that I am. ?
lol Guido given my last few months it’s a win if I haven’t duplicated the thread.
I do believe you that I’ve broached before, believe most likely in Phans daily BM adventures thread. I am indeed quite enamored by the wet wipes and equally amazed that I did not know about them until a few years ago.

I am as previously stated a clean freak and the one thing about my military time was not being able to bathe regularly, which I think enhanced my already strong ocd towards personal hygiene.
And just too wild to me that I didn’t know of these. Especially since I too went thru the diaper changing phase with my two little ones a long time ago. ?

Main problem with flushable wipes is that they aren't. Flushable, that is.

E.g., https://www.theguardian.com/sustain...isposable-wipes-sewer-toilet-cities-flushable, or more recently, http://time.com/5430317/charleston-sewer-clog/.

"According to experts at Thames Water, flushable wipes were a major factor in London’s notorious fatberg, a 15-ton lump of congealed grease that nearly flooded the city’s already stressed sewer system and took three weeks to dismantle in 2013. ... More recently, wipes also have caused a big stink in New York City, where officials say they have resulted in $18m in equipment problems in the past five years."

Main problem with flushable wipes is that they aren't. Flushable, that is.

E.g., https://www.theguardian.com/sustain...isposable-wipes-sewer-toilet-cities-flushable, or more recently, http://time.com/5430317/charleston-sewer-clog/.

"According to experts at Thames Water, flushable wipes were a major factor in London’s notorious fatberg, a 15-ton lump of congealed grease that nearly flooded the city’s already stressed sewer system and took three weeks to dismantle in 2013. ... More recently, wipes also have caused a big stink in New York City, where officials say they have resulted in $18m in equipment problems in the past five years."

Someone else on here told me the same.
And I believe that. So much so that when my wife and I move to our new home we won’t be using them, just to be safe.

Dont flush them then. Toss in the trash. You still get that cool, wet clean without the guilt of clogging the city wastewater facilities.

both for the above reason. I aint filling up my bin with poop, and I get the smooth clean booty. poop paper goes down the toilet and wipes go in the bin.

If and when they make a wet wipe that's genuinely septic-tank friendly, I will buy stock in the company. Then I'll buy all their stock.

My grinder pump at the house does NOT like wet wipes. Only allowed to throw JOY ROLL down the pot. Now, if I am at someone's house and they have wet wipes I will go out of my way to have a B.M. so I can use them.

Definitely the combo. Do the heavy lifting with the cheap stuff and finish off with a cool wet wipe!

#browneyehappiness

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom