We've become the Patriots organization (1 Viewer)

More like the Steelers, except we tend to stay more consistent on offense and them on defense. Consistent and steady behavior from ownership, front office, and head coach.

Neither organization has all those damn rings the Pats do. But my guess (someone else can do the math) is those three teams have the most wins over the last 15 years.

If we can get a couple of more Lombardis the next 2-3 years, now you are talking Pats territory.

All these years I've tried to soak it all in knowing that the Golden Age of Saints football would end as soon as Brees retired. But you hit the nail on the head. This team doesn't look anything like those Brees teams of yesteryear. This isn't the same organization that had to fight to get to 7-9 with Drew Brees.

The FO has done a masterful job. They found a way to surround Drew with talent at the end of his career while simultaneously building a rock solid foundation for the future. Now I don't think about Drew's retirement with dread and uncertainty. Now I see it as just the beginning of the next chapter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom