WH: No mention of Jews on Holocaust Remembrance Day because others were killed too (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Washington (CNN)The White House statement on International Holocaust Remembrance Day didn't mention Jews or anti-Semitism because "despite what the media reports, we are an incredibly inclusive group and we took into account all of those who suffered," administration spokeswoman Hope Hicks told CNN on Saturday.

Hicks provided a link to a Huffington Post UK story noting that while 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis, 5 million others were also slaughtered during Adolf Hitler's genocide, including "priests, gypsies, people with mental or physical disabilities, communists, trade unionists, Jehovah's Witnesses, anarchists, Poles and other Slavic peoples, and resistance fighters."

WH: No mention of Jews on Holocaust Remembrance Day because others were killed too - CNNPolitics.com

superlaser

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
For the record, here's the actual statement:

The White House
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate ReleaseJanuary 27, 2017
Statement by the President on International Holocaust Remembrance Day

&#8220;It is with a heavy heart and somber mind that we remember and honor the victims, survivors, heroes of the Holocaust. It is impossible to fully fathom the depravity and horror inflicted on innocent people by Nazi terror.

&#8220;Yet, we know that in the darkest hours of humanity, light shines the brightest.&#8206; As we remember those who died, we are deeply grateful to those who risked their lives to save the innocent.

&#8220;In the name of the perished, I pledge to do everything in my power throughout my Presidency, and my life, to ensure that the forces of evil never again defeat the powers of good. Together, we will make love and tolerance prevalent throughout the world.&#8221;

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"Would you condemn Hitler?"

Trump said:
Well, just so you understand, I don&#8217;t know anything about Hitler. OK? I don&#8217;t know anything about what you&#8217;re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don&#8217;t know.

I don&#8217;t know any &#8212; honestly, I don&#8217;t know Hitler. I don&#8217;t believe I have ever met him. I&#8217;m pretty sure I didn&#8217;t meet him. And I just don&#8217;t know anything about him.

Reaction score
For the record, here's the actual statement:
I would have made the additions in bold to point out it wasn't just random innocent people, but specifically targeted groups of people. I think it's important to contextually understand that it was the result of bigotry put into action by identity politics. That's an important part of the history lesson.

“It is with a heavy heart and somber mind that we remember and honor the victims, survivors, heroes of the Holocaust. It is impossible to fully fathom the depravity and horror inflicted on millions of innocent Jews, priests, gypsies, people with mental or physical disabilities, communists, trade unionists, Jehovah's Witnesses, anarchists, Poles and other Slavic peoples, and resistance fighters by Nazi terror."

Jortizcardona

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I would have made the additions in bold to point out it wasn't just random innocent people, but specifically targeted groups of people. I think it's important to contextually understand that it was the result of bigotry put into action by identity politics. That's an important part of the history lesson.

“It is with a heavy heart and somber mind that we remember and honor the victims, survivors, heroes of the Holocaust. It is impossible to fully fathom the depravity and horror inflicted on millions of innocent Jews, priests, gypsies, people with mental or physical disabilities, communists, trade unionists, Jehovah's Witnesses, anarchists, Poles and other Slavic peoples, and resistance fighters by Nazi terror."
I think that addition would've made things easier. True.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom