Wha Wha What??? (1 Viewer)

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
Saints | Team attending Boston College's Pro Day
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:41:51 -0700

Mike Reiss, of The Boston Globe, reports the New Orleans Saints are attending Boston College's Pro Day Tuesday, March 18. The Saints are represented by quarterbacks coach Pete Carmichael Jr. and scout David Hinson.

:shrug:

I can't imagine us using the #10 overall pick on a quarterback. This has got to be the weirdest smoke signal we've sent yet.

If they sent Pete Carmichael... there's only one guy they can be scouting.... right?

They reported that 26 teams are represented at Ryan's Pro Day............for the draft, expect the unexpected.

Think about if this guys falls to the second round or we trade back, wouldn't this be a smart pick up and a solid value pick if he falls to the late 1st or 2nd? I wouldn't be totally surprised. Payton wants another QB to mold.

Probably a combination of due diligence with Matt Ryan and checking out Gosder Cherilus and a set of late round prospects such as Jamie Silva, Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Brian Toal, DeJuan Tribble (who at one point earlier this year was regarded as a 1st round prospect), etc. The Saints would be doing themselves a disservice by not at least looking at Matt Ryan. By looking, they at least know his value if he happens to drop to 10.

All about the due diligence. Look at the number of teams sending one or two scouts, it's what you do with a top prospect.

OK, here's a guess. Carmichael is there to evaluate Ryan, but only to guage interest of the other teams...also to scout him if Atlanta drafts him. Who better, except Payton himself, to evaluate him.

There is 0% chance we draft him.

They're probably there scouting him as a future opponent.

I love it! Might as well check him out....and keep other teams guessing on who we are targeting.

Think about if this guys falls to the second round or we trade back, wouldn't this be a smart pick up and a solid value pick if he falls to the late 1st or 2nd? I wouldn't be totally surprised. Payton wants another QB to mold.

That's kind of what I was thinking... maybe a Brady Quinn-like slide all the way to #40... but I just don't see that happening with Ryan. And even a hint of taking him at #10 makes me want to kick small furry animals.

He won't get past KC:

Chiefs | Team attending Boston College's Pro Day
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 12:07:12 -0700

Shalise Manza Young, of The Providence Journal, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are attending Boston College's Pro Day Tuesday, March 18. Head coach Herman Edwards, offensive coordinator Chan Gailey and general manager Carl Peterson are all in attendance.

That's a pretty hefty delegation

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom