whale found dead killed after swallowing 64lbs of PLASTIC waste (1 Viewer)

Unlike climate change, where it's easy for many to stick their heads in the sand, the evidence of the effects of plastic pollution is tangible. We need only to look at our roadside drainage ditches (disgusting) which feed into our rivers and oceans.

We can and should do better. Ban plastic bags for a start. I have re-usable bags which are easier to load and more efficient to carry from the car to the house. And I swear grocery clerks get paid a commission on how many plastic bags they issue. I've seen them put a bag of pretzels in one plastic bag and call it a day. I'll tell the clerks to load 'em heavy, I'm a big boy.

Natural selection at it's finest. If the creature couldn't handle a little organic polymer created by the earth's most distinguished biological creature, then it was not meant to survive.

Pretty much my thinking....

we need to ban plastic beverage bottles too. If any here have traveled to countries where they are already banned, you notice immediately how much cleaner the land is. Making all glass bottles have a deposit gives one an incentive to not throw it away.

That is the way it was in the 70s. Plastic was lighter and had less breakage and that’s why it became the norm.

we need to ban plastic beverage bottles too. If any here have traveled to countries where they are already banned, you notice immediately how much cleaner the land is. Making all glass bottles have a deposit gives one an incentive to not throw it away.

Since the late 70's most ofthe New England states have had a mandatory deposit on all pastic, glass, and aluminum beverage containers. My last visit up there I saw very little difference on roadside waste between those states and others that don't have the deposit.

Since the late 70's most ofthe New England states have had a mandatory deposit on all pastic, glass, and aluminum beverage containers. My last visit up there I saw very little difference on roadside waste between those states and others that don't have the deposit.

I have gone for extended runs in New Jersey, Maine, Connecticut, and New York, so I'm up close and personal with drainage ditches, and never have I seen anything like the filth which corrupts the land here.

I read a report that said Tyson Foods is responsible for like 55 million gallons of waste a year that's dumped.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Agreed. It's way out of hand - that plastic plume in the middle of the pacific is now twice the size of Texas. That's disgusting, especially considering plastics have not been around very long at all. Its well past time we do something about it. Stopping using plastic bags, quit buying cases of bottled water so much, reusing containers when plausible - all things we can and should do. and for Christs sake stop littering, that's one thing I can't stand. We need to do better for future generations....we are literally trashing this planet.

Go to Europe where the deposits amount to close to a dollar per bottle and beverages can't be bought in plastic. It works, I've seen it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom