What’s Everyone issue with Stetson Bennett? (1 Viewer)

They compare him to Fromm, but he looks better than From to me. With that said, Georgia’s offensive coordinator has called a genius game. However, Stetson has also played a big part in making it work.

Scouts and coaches have been wrong and underestimated Stetson his whole career. Stetson looks different than other QBs that like Wuerfle, that don’t have a good arm. Stetson puts balls on ropes, but also has accuracy and touch. He doesn’t stare down receivers. He gets it to checkdowns when needed. He makes fantastic games. I think he reminds me of Brees, that was also underestimated, except Stetson is even more underestimated. He doesn’t pass the eye test physically, so he’s underestimated.

Stetson hasn’t been getting too much pressure, but when he did, he maneuvered masterfully, from stepping up to moving outside the pocket.
He’s older than Tua, Hurts and Herbert and he has more talent around him than every team he plays.

He’s also small.

He’s smart, which helps him overcome that stuff and find guys running wide open. And he’s fast, so he can pick up chunk plays running against college defenders.

But he’s gonna take hits from bigger, faster players in the NFL and he’s not gonna have that kind of talent disparity on his side.

There’s nothing special to separate him from guys like Greg McElroy, Colt McCoy, Chris Weinke, JT Barrett, Tebow and countless other “great leaders” in college who couldn’t cut it as NFL starters.

He’s older than Tua, Hurts and Herbert and he has more talent around him than every team he plays.

He’s also small.

He’s smart, which helps him overcome that stuff and find guys running wide open. And he’s fast, so he can pick up chunk plays running against college defenders.

But he’s gonna take hits from bigger, faster players in the NFL and he’s not gonna have that kind of talent disparity on his side.

There’s nothing special to separate him from guys like Greg McElroy, Colt McCoy, Chris Weinke, JT Barrett, Tebow and countless other “great leaders” in college who couldn’t cut it as NFL starters.
You seem to give him the typical scout evaluation that underestimates him. I’ve seen him make multiple throws into tight windows today. He has a far better arm than most of the QBs you mentioned. I think all of his throws today have been very accurate, even the incompletion. Age at QB is almost irrelevant unless you need a lot of development. He doesn’t.

You seem to give him the typical scout evaluation that underestimates him. I’ve seen him make multiple throws into tight windows today. He has a far better arm than most of the QBs you mentioned. I think all of his throws today have been very accurate, even the incompletion. Age at QB is almost irrelevant unless you need a lot of development. He doesn’t.
Which throws were in tight windows?

And age is relevant because it takes into account how much he’s already progressed.

Which throws were in tight windows?

And age is relevant because it takes into account how much he’s already progressed.
He threw several to his TE in between defenders. He is ready, so 25 isn’t an issue. If he was raw at 25, then I would agree. Most 25 year old QBs don’t show as much as him.

He threw several to his TE in between defenders. He is ready, so 25 isn’t an issue. If he was raw at 25, then I would agree. Most 25 year old QBs don’t show as much as him.
Against scrubs that aren't in the NFL.
A 25 year NFL QB and a 25 year College QB are completely different.

We saw how the Mac Jones Stan turn out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom