What’s Everyone issue with Stetson Bennett? (1 Viewer)

Stetson has a much stronger arm than Ian Book. Even the scouts say that, whereas that was always a knock against Ian. Stetson looks quite a bit better, but Ian Book is still in the NFL as a backup. Stetson will be a good starter, and people will wonder how he does it.
I don’t bet on outliers

They compare him to Fromm, but he looks better than Fromm to me. With that said, Georgia’s offensive coordinator has called a genius game.
Yeah, I don’t think we’ll be able to get Georgia’s offensive coordinator to come here.

He’ll be a 26 year old rookie but I don’t think age is as important if you’re talking about a later round pick. If a team thinks it can get anything productive out of an older player in the later rounds, the investment can make sense.

I think it’s the other concerns about him that make me want the Saints to look elsewhere at the position. He had a storybook career, playing in a stellar college system, with superior talent around him. If he was a successful, under 6’, under 200# quarterback with, at best, an ok arm, coming out of Louisiana Tech, he wouldn’t really be on anybody’s radar.

Heck, the more I think about it... A 25 year old rookie QB that doesn't need much time to develop and can run an offense now.... Is sort of exactly what a stubborn FO/Staff full of "win now" dreamers that refuse to rebuild would go out and draft.... on a team built to win only on defense.

I have now almost convinced myself that's he's our guy.... Ugh.... LOL

Last edited:
I heard the same things about our old ND QB. What’s his name again?

No you didn't. No one said anything like that about Ian Book.

He was hardly discussed until we drafted him. Then people had to go look him up and talk themselves into liking the pick. And even then all that was mainly said, well Payton must see something in him.

He's a scrambling QB that's probably not really 5'10" and only weighs about 180.

He can't survive getting hit in the NFL by NFL players.
He's just too undersized. He doesn't have a big enough arm and he is not fast enough to over come his lack of measurables.

He might get drafted, and he might make a team as back up, but that's fine. We are not dogging him because he's not NFL material.

He was a great college QB and will always be a Georgia Legend.
He's just not NFL size.

He's a scrambling QB that's probably not really 5'10" and only weighs about 180.

He can't survive getting hit in the NFL by NFL players.
He's just too undersized. He doesn't have a big enough arm and he is not fast enough to over come his lack of measurables.

He might get drafted, and he might make a team as back up, but that's fine. We are not dogging him because he's not NFL material.

He was a great college QB and will always be a Georgia Legend.
He's just not NFL size.
My feelings as well.

You’ve basically described Chase Daniel.

If Bennett gets in the right situation, he can have a nice long career as a backup but I can’t see him being a sustained starter in the NFL.

Too many questions about size and arm.

No you didn't. No one said anything like that about Ian Book.

He was hardly discussed until we drafted him. Then people had to go look him up and talk themselves into liking the pick. And even then all that was mainly said, well Payton must see something in him.
When he was drafted he was the heir apparent to Drew Brees. I was here. Stetson does some things well…but I’d be absolutely shocked if he isn’t an NFL backup QB like Chase Daniels. Shocked. We already have backups.

Size has to be the biggest factor. Weight more than height, which is saying something. Combine measurables will make or break him.
If that is the case, I will wait until the physicals to see how much weight (muscle) he can gain without missing speed.

He'll be 26 this year. He's not an NFL prospect
He is a two year starter on a high level program, that is experience that is invaluable. His learning curve diminishes once he gets at the NFL. And frankly, if you can get a 26-28 year old starting quarterback on a first deal, that is perfect to build a competitive team because of cap considerations. A 26 year old can easily give you 10-12 good years as a starter, I will take that without a problem.

Listen, I am not an expert to say that the guy can make it as a good NFL quarterback. But what I have seen is that the guy has the arm, poise, scape ability and accuracy to at least have it as a consideration.

And his age to me is not a problem, his experience in college well beats the inconvenience of coming out late from the college game.

He is a very good college QB. On a great team....I'm always wary of those types....all of the AL, GA and FL QB's that were great in college that never do anything in the pros....plus he is tiny.....never say never but no way I draft him before the 5th or 6th round....

What was the Florida qbs name years ago, Danny Warfuel? Bennett is a baller, but I would risk a high pick on him.

Yeah, I don’t think we’ll be able to get Georgia’s offensive coordinator to come here.
If we overpay we could.

He's old and small.

That said, he has poise in big moments and honestly has made all the throws you'd want to see him make in his college career.

I think someone drafts him with a 5th or later on the off chance he plays in the NFL like he did in college.
I guess y’all never seen the starting QB for the Arizona Cardinals. Now that guy is small. Seriously though, the kid is a winner. I would draft him if I were the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom