What’s the best acdc tune of all time (1 Viewer)

Did this post seriously go from AC/DC is one of the greatest bands of all time, to God hates modern music, to you're going to hell for voting Democrat?

Talk about purple monkey dishwasher.

I could use a purple monkey dishwasher. Those are the sheet.

Because you make posts that insult half the world and your factual knowledge of music is for shirt. And I know exactly what I'm talking about. I made an A in Dr. Foreshad's History of Rock and Roll class. 5th highest out of 712 students.
give us some sample questions (or even lecture topics), if you remember

give us some sample questions (or even lecture topics), if you remember

I don't remember much at all, but it was a damn hard class and the professor was a DB. It was a trap class meant to weed people out and to catch those who thought they were going to listen to 16 weeks of music.

Let's just say I learned more about the Kinks and Velvet Underground than I needed to know and have forgotten.

Oh, ACDC's best song is Dirty Deeds. That was on the first quiz.

If Robbins was a real christian, this would be his favorite band

"To Hell with the Devil" is a great album. They actually just played at the House of Blues in New Orleans.....I was stuck working so I missed the show. Stryper is one of the bands from my youth I really want to see live. Hopefully, next time they are in town I can catch them.

The Eagles Hotel California is about the First Church of Satan in California.

You're gonna have to submit a link where any member of the band directly states this. Otherwise I'm calling shenanigans. The History of The Eagles documentary would have likely covered this if it were true, and in fact, Don Henley outright discredits all of it.

I Just had to quote this in all its glory. You go DR. I did not honestly think anyone could ever argue in favor of the Eagles, Styx, and Black Sabbath as being moral music.

The Eagles Hotel California is about the First Church of Satan in California. Styx is literally the River you cross to get into Hell. And Black Sabbath? Really. I mean. I love Black Sabbath, but who in their right mind would ever consider Black Sabbath as moral music.

I guess he does ask god to help him when Satan comes to get him, so perhaps I can see your confusing this is a religious song.

I can not hear the bass line and not think of the words, "My name is Lucifer, Please take my hand!" Luci, you so crazy!
You do know that Black Sabbath refers to Sunday January 30, 1972 on which 14 protesters were murdered in Ireland during The Troubles, and that the same day is referenced by U2 in Sunday Bloody Sunday aka Sabbath Bloody Sabbath?

You're gonna have to submit a link where any member of the band directly states this. Otherwise I'm calling shenanigans. The History of The Eagles documentary would have likely covered this if it were true, and in fact, Don Henley outright discredits all of it.
Hotel California is about excess and addiction in America. It has nothing to do with religion despite how some would like to spin it.

I have merely an interpretation of the lyrics and the symbolism contained within, along with the album art having a picture of Satanic High Priest Anton LeVey. Snopes tells me I am full of sheet, but I will at least explain why I posted it.

'Please bring me my wine'
He said, 'we haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty-nine'

Wine being the blood of Christ and Spirit referring to the Holy Spirit which they have not had since 1969 when 1st Church of Satan was formed. The song was released in 1977, where did the 1969 reference come from?

And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

A reference to the Beast in Revelations.

'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

A reference to once you accept Satan you can never get out of it.

The following link debunks me and what I thought, but it does show the picture of Anton LeVey.

You do know that Black Sabbath refers to Sunday January 30, 1972 on which 14 protesters were murdered in Ireland during The Troubles, and that the same day is referenced by U2 in Sunday Bloody Sunday aka Sabbath Bloody Sabbath?
Black Sabbath the Heavy Metal group formed in 1968 as Polka Tulk Blues Band, then Earth, and finally changed their name to Black Sabbath in 1969 when they wrote the song Black Sabbath which was recorded and released in early 1970 two years before your Sabbath Bloody Sabbath event.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom