What’s the best acdc tune of all time (1 Viewer)

I have merely an interpretation of the lyrics and the symbolism contained within, along with the album art having a picture of Satanic High Priest Anton LeVey. Snopes tells me I am full of shirt, but I will at least explain why I posted it.

'Please bring me my wine'
He said, 'we haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty-nine'

Wine being the blood of Christ and Spirit referring to the Holy Spirit which they have not had since 1969 when 1st Church of Satan was formed. The song was released in 1977, where did the 1969 reference come from?

And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

A reference to the Beast in Revelations.

'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

A reference to once you accept Satan you can never get out of it.

The following link debunks me and what I thought, but it does show the picture of Anton LeVey.

Black Sabbath the Heavy Metal group formed in 1968 as Polka Tulk Blues Band, then Earth, and finally changed their name to Black Sabbath in 1969 when they wrote the song Black Sabbath which was recorded and released in early 1970 two years before your Sabbath Bloody Sabbath event.

Or Hotel California could be about the 60's counter culture reaching it's peak. You're going to find whatever you want to find behind the lyrics, but unless you can quote the artist saying it is what you say it is rather than what they say it is about then you're wrong. And that picture was taken in 1977, surely it couldn't be some random dude with an afro and a fu manchu mustache. 118109

That picture is Bernie Leadon, the original banjo/guitarist for The Eagles, donning an afro and fu manchu mustache. Again, you're going to get out of the lyrics whatever you're looking for.

Last edited:
Black Sabbath was named after the 1963 Borris Karloff horror film of the same name. Has nothing to do with bloody Sunday. It was playing across the street from where the band was rehearsing.

I have merely an interpretation of the lyrics and the symbolism contained within, along with the album art having a picture of Satanic High Priest Anton LeVey. Snopes tells me I am full of shirt, but I will at least explain why I posted it.

'Please bring me my wine'
He said, 'we haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty-nine'

Wine being the blood of Christ and Spirit referring to the Holy Spirit which they have not had since 1969 when 1st Church of Satan was formed. The song was released in 1977, where did the 1969 reference come from?

And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

A reference to the Beast in Revelations.

'Relax' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

A reference to once you accept Satan you can never get out of it.

The following link debunks me and what I thought, but it does show the picture of Anton LeVey.

Black Sabbath the Heavy Metal group formed in 1968 as Polka Tulk Blues Band, then Earth, and finally changed their name to Black Sabbath in 1969 when they wrote the song Black Sabbath which was recorded and released in early 1970 two years before your Sabbath Bloody Sabbath event.

"To Hell with the Devil" is a great album. They actually just played at the House of Blues in New Orleans.....I was stuck working so I missed the show. Stryper is one of the bands from my youth I really want to see live. Hopefully, next time they are in town I can catch them.

Never saw them live, but I have all of their early albums, on cassette tape, lol. Loved THWTD and In God we trust. The yellow and black staging was really cool back then. Interestingly enough, the colors matched the high school team I played sports for when I was a sophomore. I wish I could find a picture of the yellow and black high tops I wore on the basketball court.

I'm feeling old now. :covri:

Something else, every night back then, I'd listen to music to fall asleep. I'd rotate between Stryper and AC/DC. Go figure. :hihi:

When driving as teenager with my friends listening to "Highway to Hell" we had a tradition.

When the lyric " My friends are gonna be there too" came up we would always flip the middle finger.

Yes, we were troubled youth.

When driving as teenager with my friends listening to "Highway to Hell" we had a tradition.

When the lyric " My friends are gonna be there too" came up we would always flip the middle finger.

Yes, we were troubled youth.

When watching old Metallica concerts, and seeing the fans going nuts, I wonder what the old farts here think, seeing themselves tearing sheet up. :hihi:

I had to edit out a stupid number of posts in this thread.

Some people just have a damn disease when it comes to politics about complaining about other people. if you have to make a comment, send me a PM.

AC/DC songs... probably has to be Thunderstruck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom