What’s the first thing you ever ordered from Amazon? (1 Viewer)

Just for fun, my most recent purchase, which arrived a couple days ago.. A girlfriend gave me the iconic poster circa 1992, but I’d always wanted a replica of the shirt itself.. Am i too old to get away with wearing it? I see people walking around in pajamas these days, so who cares:

CF2AC0E3-37E4-4F24-BED9-F9402EC1AE04.jpeg

It was Thomas Sowell's book a Conflict of Visions but I don't remember when it was purchased.
It was probably in the late 90's when they were mostly known for selling books.

DLink DWL710 wireless router.

I wanted that blazing fast 54 mbps.

I think that it's in a box in my basement.

April 2006

Last edited:
Just for fun, my most recent purchase, which arrived a couple days ago.. A girlfriend gave me the iconic poster circa 1992, but I’d always wanted a replica of the shirt itself.. Am i too old to get away with wearing it? I see people walking around in pajamas these days, so who cares:

CF2AC0E3-37E4-4F24-BED9-F9402EC1AE04.jpeg

How could you be too old to wear a T-shirt from the 70s?

Oddly enough, now my 19 year old daughter works in an Amazon warehouse. My first purchase was before she was born.
ok, so how is it working in the warehouse? so many different stories, jist wondering from someone that works there

I was on Amazon today and i stumbled across the little gray box under ‘Returns & Orders’ that lets you see past orders from every year you’ve been a member (I’m Prime but it might be the same for non-Prime, I’m not sure).. I’d never messed with it before, but out of curiosity i clicked on the earliest year listed, 2005, and saw that the very first thing i ever ordered from amazon.com was a special edition DVD of my favorite movie, Jerry Maguire.. Apparently it wasnt available at Best Buy, since that’s where i typically purchased DVDs back then.. Looks like i paid $25; i was dismayed to see that if I’d just waited another 15 yrs, that same special edition DVD is now only $7.95!

Was also interesting, to me at least, to see that from 2006-2010, i only ordered exactly three more items from Amazon: a Samsung Bluetooth earpiece in 2007, and DVDs of L.A. Story and Singles in 2008.. then I started ordering pretty regularly around 2011/2012.

What’s your earliest Amazon purchase, and when?

F662E96E-1F31-4F4A-B410-8D999F9CFD50.jpeg

I was able to go back to 2003 but I don't have any orders until 2006. I may have had a different email or account before then. But my first purchase was Pink Floyd's Pulse on dvd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom