What’s the first thing you ever ordered from Amazon? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I was on Amazon today and i stumbled across the little gray box under ‘Returns & Orders’ that lets you see past orders from every year you’ve been a member (I’m Prime but it might be the same for non-Prime, I’m not sure).. I’d never messed with it before, but out of curiosity i clicked on the earliest year listed, 2005, and saw that the very first thing i ever ordered from amazon.com was a special edition DVD of my favorite movie, Jerry Maguire.. Apparently it wasnt available at Best Buy, since that’s where i typically purchased DVDs back then.. Looks like i paid $25; i was dismayed to see that if I’d just waited another 15 yrs, that same special edition DVD is now only $7.95!

Was also interesting, to me at least, to see that from 2006-2010, i only ordered exactly three more items from Amazon: a Samsung Bluetooth earpiece in 2007, and DVDs of L.A. Story and Singles in 2008.. then I started ordering pretty regularly around 2011/2012.

What’s your earliest Amazon purchase, and when?

F662E96E-1F31-4F4A-B410-8D999F9CFD50.jpeg

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
I was such a nerd...

November 2003:
Guns for Cotton: England the Confederacy

and

The Complete Lincoln-Douglas Debates

OP
Mr. Blue Sky

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You don't find it the least bit ironic that people lambasted Wal-Mart (who I am no fan of) for killing off mom-and-pop stores decades ago, are now willing to support an entity that will likely kill off other retailers for a bit more of convenience?

Oh, but you can stay on my lawn; I'm cool with that.

Just joshing with you.. but i was curious as to whether it was only Amazon you were opposed to, and have you ordered stuff from other online retailers to be delivered?

mb504

Word.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fun fact: I have never bought or sold anything off of Ebay, ever.. dont even think Ive ever even created an account there.
Huh. I was pretty obsessed with the thrill of the auctions during the early days and being online to make those last second bids. I checked for my own curiosity and the only options for viewing past orders goes back a couple of years. One of my earliest purchases was probably an external CD burner for my laptop to make sweet mix CDs during the Napster era.

GrayMatter78

aka Klenzade
Administrator
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
We must have switched accounts on Amazon because I only have back to 2010. This was the first order on this account:

1589900829444.png

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t know. I just know I said I bought that blanket for my ex step father and then guido asked if the blanket helped Chuck get laid. I was trying to figure out how he was trying to connect the two.
Maybe it wasnt your mom that Chuck got with?

Or maybe your ex step father sold it on ebay and Chuck bought it

Chuck needs to stop holding out on us and tell us what happened

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom