What’s the first thing you ever ordered from Amazon? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I was on Amazon today and i stumbled across the little gray box under ‘Returns & Orders’ that lets you see past orders from every year you’ve been a member (I’m Prime but it might be the same for non-Prime, I’m not sure).. I’d never messed with it before, but out of curiosity i clicked on the earliest year listed, 2005, and saw that the very first thing i ever ordered from amazon.com was a special edition DVD of my favorite movie, Jerry Maguire.. Apparently it wasnt available at Best Buy, since that’s where i typically purchased DVDs back then.. Looks like i paid $25; i was dismayed to see that if I’d just waited another 15 yrs, that same special edition DVD is now only $7.95!

Was also interesting, to me at least, to see that from 2006-2010, i only ordered exactly three more items from Amazon: a Samsung Bluetooth earpiece in 2007, and DVDs of L.A. Story and Singles in 2008.. then I started ordering pretty regularly around 2011/2012.

What’s your earliest Amazon purchase, and when?

F662E96E-1F31-4F4A-B410-8D999F9CFD50.jpeg

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I remember really liking it at the time.. I’d never owned a ‘real’ stereo before, when there were separate components for turntable, equalizers, etc- so i was kind of excited that it was self-contained and relatively affordable.. plus it had the awesome lighting effects.. :hihi:

Funny thing is, as much as i liked it, i cant remember when or where i got rid of it.. i want to say it was 7 or 8 yrs later when i relocated from a different place and sold all my furniture, TV, bed, etc for like $300 all in to the guy who was subletting from me, but I’m not sure .
i just remembered that i did not personally have one, they were the machine of choice for at least 3 different dance departments i remember

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I really don’t think I can link it here.

OP
Mr. Blue Sky

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not faulting you - those things were everywhere, and seemed like a decent option.

I'm just saying it was an unfortunate era, stylistically.

Yeah, how dare you criticize my choices in audio equipment 22 years ago?! Maybe I had a secret ambition to run a dance studio like the kinds guido frequented, you dont know

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
oh, not my first, but i purchased 10 new dreamcasts for 0.99 each. best mispriced item i have ever scored on.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, I would have thought that I purchased stuff from Amazon long before this, but my history shows that my first purchase was this sword that I bought for my then 4 year-old daughter for Christmas:

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 10.39.47 PM (2).jpg

Last edited:

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, I would have thought that I purchased stuff from Amazon long before this, but my history shows that my first purchase was this sword that I bought for my then 4 year-old daughter for Christmas:

View attachment 138696
You gave a 4-year old a samurai sword for Christmas?

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You gave a 4-year old a samurai sword for Christmas?
Yes. I mean, it wasn't sharp. She used it to decapitate her doll collection.

Seriously it's a replica that is not sharp and it was kept on the wall as a decoration. She was only allowed to touch it if I was right there with her.

But, I did give her a full battle ready Katana for her 8th Grade graduation.

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Somebody should write a script where you could input every Amazon Purchase, amount and date and then it would tell you how much money you would have if you had bought Amazon Stock instead.
Yeah, if your mission in life was spreading misery.

Are you in the Legion of Doom or something?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Madmarsha Zombieland is the best movie ever. Change my mind Everything Else Board 36