What’s the first thing you ever ordered from Amazon? (3 Viewers)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I was on Amazon today and i stumbled across the little gray box under ‘Returns & Orders’ that lets you see past orders from every year you’ve been a member (I’m Prime but it might be the same for non-Prime, I’m not sure).. I’d never messed with it before, but out of curiosity i clicked on the earliest year listed, 2005, and saw that the very first thing i ever ordered from amazon.com was a special edition DVD of my favorite movie, Jerry Maguire.. Apparently it wasnt available at Best Buy, since that’s where i typically purchased DVDs back then.. Looks like i paid $25; i was dismayed to see that if I’d just waited another 15 yrs, that same special edition DVD is now only $7.95!

Was also interesting, to me at least, to see that from 2006-2010, i only ordered exactly three more items from Amazon: a Samsung Bluetooth earpiece in 2007, and DVDs of L.A. Story and Singles in 2008.. then I started ordering pretty regularly around 2011/2012.

What’s your earliest Amazon purchase, and when?

F662E96E-1F31-4F4A-B410-8D999F9CFD50.jpeg

brandon8283

Probably a drive-by
Reaction score
Oh wow. It’s the basis for my avatar. My first amazon purchase wasn’t until 2009, coincidentally, the same year I joined SR and my band was working on a Cirque du Soleil show.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
First thing that I ever bought on Amazon, August 29, 2007 was a gift for my Dad.

It cost me $21.78, which would be about 0.2755 of one share of AMZN on that day, which would be worth.....$684.69 today. OUCH!!!

My dad is mentioned in the book.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
So, I would have thought that I purchased stuff from Amazon long before this, but my history shows that my first purchase was this sword that I bought for my then 4 year-old daughter for Christmas:

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 10.39.47 PM (2).jpg
you are so weird. also, this is why i love you.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
2000 - 15 copies of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, the novel, for students of mine who couldn't afford it way way back in the long ago when I was teaching in Baton Rouge
lol. someone actually bought books off of amazon when that was their moneymaker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom