What’s the first thing you ever ordered from Amazon? (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was on Amazon today and i stumbled across the little gray box under ‘Returns & Orders’ that lets you see past orders from every year you’ve been a member (I’m Prime but it might be the same for non-Prime, I’m not sure).. I’d never messed with it before, but out of curiosity i clicked on the earliest year listed, 2005, and saw that the very first thing i ever ordered from amazon.com was a special edition DVD of my favorite movie, Jerry Maguire.. Apparently it wasnt available at Best Buy, since that’s where i typically purchased DVDs back then.. Looks like i paid $25; i was dismayed to see that if I’d just waited another 15 yrs, that same special edition DVD is now only $7.95!

Was also interesting, to me at least, to see that from 2006-2010, i only ordered exactly three more items from Amazon: a Samsung Bluetooth earpiece in 2007, and DVDs of L.A. Story and Singles in 2008.. then I started ordering pretty regularly around 2011/2012.

What’s your earliest Amazon purchase, and when?

F662E96E-1F31-4F4A-B410-8D999F9CFD50.jpeg

I've got no idea on the first order, will have to look. My most recent purchase was 12ft copper wire jumper cables, they arrived just after lunch today. What's impressive is that I ordered yesterday.

I've got no idea on the first order, will have to look. My most recent purchase was 12ft copper wire jumper cables, they arrived just after lunch today. What's impressive is that I ordered yesterday.

Even better 1 night drunk AF I ordered a laptop off amazon at 3 AM. I got it that same day at 2 PM.

I’m assuming it was a book since that’s all they sold back when I would have first ordered
So I’m going to say “The Elephant Vanishes” by Haruki Murakami

The computer game WCW Nitro for PC in about 1999. It took about 8-10 weeks to be shipped, such was the nature of international shipping at the time (actually, it's kinda like that again now with so few available flights). Also, the game was pretty bad, if I recall correctly.

My first purchase is three $20 gift cards, December 20, 2002.

My first product purchase was an audio CD on January 16, 2003. Put Some Style in It, by Lounge Brigade. Cause I guess I was all about making 2003, smooth.

1589850066850.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom