What’s the first thing you ever ordered from Amazon? (1 Viewer)

blew a crazy amount of money on a dvd player before they were a thing and a tivo the next year when it was crazy expensive before anyone had ever even heard of dvr. The serial number on my Tivo was in the low 100's. That was about the only time in my life Ive been ahead of the tech curve.

I bought an Aiwa stereo that same year, like this one.. so it’s pretty much a tie.

0D84C5F9-DC52-4305-A229-50C878F79BA2.jpeg

Though I have to say a 5-disc DVD changer just seems kind of lazy. "Okay that movie was good for two hours and I'd watch another one . . . but then I'd have to get up. If only they made one that holds ten hours of movies."
I was in college. Getting so stoned I was too lazy to get up and change the movie was definitely a thing.

I bought an Aiwa stereo that same year, like this one.. so it’s pretty much a tie.

0D84C5F9-DC52-4305-A229-50C878F79BA2.jpeg

Dear God that's hideous. That was a really bad era for home audio.

It's so confused - it wants to look like a boom box, but it's got surround speakers and a damned remote control.

Dear God that's hideous. That was a really bad era for home audio.

It's so confused - it wants to look like a boom box, but it's got surround speakers and a damned remote control.

I remember really liking it at the time.. I’d never owned a ‘real’ stereo before, when there were separate components for turntable, equalizers, etc- so i was kind of excited that it was self-contained and relatively affordable.. plus it had the awesome lighting effects.. :hihi:

Funny thing is, as much as i liked it, i cant remember when or where i got rid of it.. i want to say it was 7 or 8 yrs later when i relocated from a different place and sold all my furniture, TV, bed, etc for like $300 all in to the guy who was subletting from me, but I’m not sure .

I remember really liking it at the time.. I’d never owned a ‘real’ stereo before, when there were separate components for turntable, equalizers, etc- so i was kind of excited that it was self-contained and relatively affordable.. plus it had the awesome lighting effects.. :hihi:

Funny thing is, as much as i liked it, i cant remember when or where i got rid of it.. i want to say it was 7 or 8 yrs later when i relocated from a different place and sold all my furniture, TV, bed, etc for like $300 all in to the guy who was subletting from me, but I’m not sure .

I'm not faulting you - those things were everywhere, and seemed like a decent option.

I'm just saying it was an unfortunate era, stylistically.

i just remembered that i did not personally have one, they were the machine of choice for at least 3 different dance departments i remember

I really don’t think I can link it here.

I'm not faulting you - those things were everywhere, and seemed like a decent option.

I'm just saying it was an unfortunate era, stylistically.

Yeah, how dare you criticize my choices in audio equipment 22 years ago?! Maybe I had a secret ambition to run a dance studio like the kinds guido frequented, you dont know

oh, not my first, but i purchased 10 new dreamcasts for 0.99 each. best mispriced item i have ever scored on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom