What’s the Payton headline today (Thursday)? (1 Viewer)

This is why I think there may be a better chance of Payton returning to the Saints next offseason than people think. Wherever he goes, he isn’t getting full control apart from in New Orleans.

I think he is finding out what a lot of people in all walks of life have to learn and that is the grass is not always greener on the other side. He may have been burned out after 16 years in one spot but he's learning now that he probably won't find a situation anywhere as good as he had in New Orleans.

This is why I think there may be a better chance of Payton returning to the Saints next offseason than people think. Wherever he goes, he isn’t getting full control apart from in New Orleans.

Yup. Great find.

Maybe I’m alone. But I don’t fault Payton for this. He knows what it takes to run a successful “program” and if other franchises don’t align with what he needs, wait it out.

And there hasn’t been anything so far to make me think he wouldn’t be welcomed back to NO in 2024 if DA keeps failing.

Who the heck is the intriguing mystery team?

Could be Miami, but they have a hot shot young coach.

Could conceivably be Dallas, but by all accounts McCarthy ain’t going nowhere.

Maybe NYJs want to trade for Rodgers and bring in Payton?

Chiefs if Reid is retiring, but that seems entirely speculative.

Tampa, but they’re in a bad way without Brady (and not even that great with him).

Seattle if Carroll is retiring?

Maybe McVay is getting cold feet about staying in LA?

Tomlin thinking about a change of scenery?

None of these make very much sense. Would require an unexpected shoe to drop.
It’s the saints, they just haven’t changed the locks to keep Allen out, 😆

Payton wanting complete control in Denver is no surprise. He has that in NoLa. He has said things like “He and Mickey never had a disagreement.”

Payton wanting complete control in Denver is no surprise. He has that in NoLa. He has said things like “He and Mickey never had a disagreement.”
Yep, he’s gonna learn that the grass isn’t always greener if they pass on him because of control.

not sure if this is the case with SP negotiations but asking for the moon and also top dollar might not be it for him

I can see denver stroking that check without blinking but any type of "control" requests might be an issue when certain roles have been established there....meaning....lots of shade will be thrown behind closed doors when somebody hears the new guy wants to be over or replace what they do.

everybody wants a piece of that walmart $$$$ lol you get in there...you not leaving

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom