What’s the Payton headline today (Thursday)? (1 Viewer)

if you're Sean do you go back to Denver and give in a little on control?

Yup. Great find.

Maybe I’m alone. But I don’t fault Payton for this. He knows what it takes to run a successful “program” and if other franchises don’t align with what he needs, wait it out.

And there hasn’t been anything so far to make me think he wouldn’t be welcomed back to NO in 2024 if DA keeps failing.
I for one won't welcome him back.

Thanks Sean for asking for 25 mill and in the long run screwing us eveh more with no compensation. Class act man

I'm not really a big fan of Kyler as a QB, but could see the appeal of AZ for Sean

I do wonder if SP is feeling a little bit of the ol' "don't know what you got till it's gone" adage. Saints were willing to give him a year sabbatical and top dollar, he already had full control with ownership and a GM in his pocket, and he turned it all down for what...a year off and an inkling that maybe a team with a franchise QB would hire him the following year PLUS give him everything else he already had?

I'm just struggling lately to understand why he straight quit if (and thats a big if) he's telling the truth that what he's looking for is stable ownership, complete control, and a high contract.

Regardless, at this point, I really hope something gets done soon, not even for the compensation but just so it's frickin over and we can all go back to our normal bickering about mock drafts and why we've not signed anyone yet.

This is what they're saying in Denver right now...

PR spin to feed the fans who will be angry they wouldn't give Payton the control he wanted.

Whoever comes into Denver next better win or the ownership will not live down not getting Payton.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom