What’s the weakest position group on our team in your opinion? (1 Viewer)

Saints seem to be shaping up as a juggernaut in the 2022/23 season. It wouldn’t surprise me to see 8 or more of our guys selected for the Pro Bowl (…even though none of them will be available :ezbill:).

Having said the above with my rose colored homer glasses on, here’s my answer to the OP’s question:

1. Uncertainty on the O-line. No close second

2. Depth at LB

3. Depth at DT

4. Uncertainty at RB, especially since Roger the Clown 🤡 and his band of merry men are lurking and conspiring on the WORST possible time to suspend AK41 once the dust settles on his case.

I don’t think there’s a significant concern at TE, but you know what they say about opinions. 🤔

:gosaints:

I think the tight end position does not need to be spectacular. There isn't anyone close to "Jimmy Graham" on this roster. Just have to take what we can now. But the linebackers are a concern. Didn't know a rookie is injured. Still don't know the status of Werner. Hands down the linebacker would be.

Has to be linebacker at the moment. I do believe that players are held out of Preseason practices with injuries that would not take them out of actual games. That makes sense to me. Why take a chance during the Preseason? We're not that close to September. Better to let injured players recuperate so they are healthy when it counts.

Preseason injuries make player evaluation more difficult, but the liberalization of the IR rules takes some of the pressure away from the coaches doing the evaluating. One of the few recent changes for the better by the NFL is the more flexible IR rules IMHO.

LB.

The TE group is the worst, but we do not need to start a TE, and it becomes a strength if you count Hill as a non-standard flex kind of TE.

But Davis has a very physical style of play and if he gets hurt we're screwed. The DT group is fine but not good enough to protect a mediocre LB group.

Kudos to the board for nobody calling our LB group a "core."

LB instead of TE. You can scheme around lack of talent for the TE position. We’ve done it before. The same can’t be said for LB.

Not necessarily. The Saints have been scheming around this weakness for awhile now by playing more DBs and D-lineman by playing with 2-LB sets. It's certainly helped that the Saints have had DBs who can both play in the box and in space, but it certainly would be nice to have more depth and experience to not be so limiting in the kind of schemes the defense plays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom