What’s the weakest position group on our team in your opinion? (1 Viewer)

I just think with Jenkins gone, we are losing a lot in the secondary with how versatile he was. Dude could match up well with the likes of Gronk and such. Not saying we don’t have guys that can take on that role, but it’s an unknown right now. Pete is hindered by an injury, so that adds to my concern about the LBer unit. Like I said, if DD goes down, I will sorta panic. Dude is one of the best in the business, if not the best. I won’t lose any sleep with an injury to any TE.
You are right, the LB is being de-emphasized. It’s hard to find a complete LB like Parsons (Cowboys). Those guys don’t grow on trees. We’ll have to wait and see what transpires during the course of the year. Hopefully DA can scheme with our pieces and hopefully our new acquisitions can maintain what we have been able to do. Either way, if we manage to stay healthy, we will be fine.
If we manage to stay healthy I’ll be amazed.

Man I think you’re right, totally forgot about our two guards. Guard, then TE for me. I’m hoping Trevor can hold down LT and Hurst can play RG.
Only reason I chose guard over TE or LB is because we have guys at both of those positions who have shown real promise. (Juwan Johnson and Pete Werner, respectively). We pretty much know exactly what we have at guard. I’ll give Ruiz one more season but Peat is average at best. Ruiz is on his way to being called the B word. I desperately hope he can turn that around. Hurst is only 1 man. He can’t bail both of those guys out.

DT, I like the K. Street signing though. The depth at linebacker is thin, but serviceable. Ellis does his thing and the veteran Wilson is looking like Davis's primary back up. Dowell is OK in a pinch as a weak side LB, his most natural position. Although my hope is the the rookie Jackson can be the main back up to Werner.

1. QB
2. TE
3. LB

Until people on the field demonstrate otherwise in some real games.

Our weakest position on paper is TE.

The one that concerns me the most is LB, it is the position that could derail our entire season due to the lack of depth and unknown. It could also end up being the strength of the team. Lot to unpack at LB.

I still worry about RB behind AK. Hopefully he isn’t suspended until his issue is cleared up
The NFL won't get involved until after any criminal charges are resolved. At this point I doubt that happens until well into the season and possibly after.

To me it is clearly QB.

I'm not trying to bad mouth Jameis, but even if you believe he is the best QB in the league he is *still* coming off a serious knee injury/surgery.

And he is the position group. If he goes down then we are at a negative at the most important position in team sports.

Keeps me up at night.

To me it is clearly QB.

I'm not trying to bad mouth Jameis, but even if you believe he is the best QB in the league he is *still* coming off a serious knee injury/surgery.

And he is the position group. If he goes down then we are at a negative at the most important position in team sports.

Keeps me up at night.
I disagree, just my opinion. I think Dalton would be ok if HAD to start, not going to light it up but he just has to not loose games.

To me it is clearly QB.

Keeps me up at night.
That's every team in the league, even when Drew was here. The purpose of a backup is to hold the fort down a few games, but no one plans for the starting QB to be out a year.

To me it is clearly QB.

Keeps me up at night.
I actually feel better about that scenario than I usually do. Not a fan of Dalton as the future but I think he could hold it down well off the bench.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom