What’s the weakest position group on our team in your opinion? (1 Viewer)

LB due to depth. This position, post Mora, has ALWAYS been the weakest. Ridiculous. But we do have some concerns at RB as well, if Kamara were to go down. At one time, Ingram was a bonafide 1, or 2, once Kamara rose to fame. Not anymore. But the LB position for sure.

The NFL won't get involved until after any criminal charges are resolved. At this point I doubt that happens until well into the season and possibly after.
A bit off topic, but in line with your Kamara/RB concern.

Should the tape be mysteriously released to the public, just like the Ray Rice tape, Kamara would be reprimanded then, even w/o a trial.

Qb is a big concern, during the off-season the organization unsuccessfully tried to address the issue. If Winston gets benched is Dalton up to the job?

TE or DT

LB has Demario freaking Davis and a very promising 2nd round pick, don't see how you could call it the weakest. It's depth isn't inspiring sure but the starters are solid.

OL could be a problem as well.

I'm surprised no one has brought up DT. Onyemata is a decent but far from elite DT. After him the talent drops like a rock.
Onyemata is way better than “decent” and not far from elite… he’s also entering his prime.

Tuttle is the “decent” one, and Street has an Anthony Hargrove vibe about him. Roach is a decent rotational piece, and Johnson/Huggins are serviceable NT options. Also consider that Kpassagnon and Payton Turner can move inside as well as Cam Jordan. Jackson is the rookie that could flash… DT… DL actually, is deep and solid.

LB is thin on depth, but the starters could be among the elite.

TE is the weakest group IMHO. Trautman has to develop and be consistent. Taysom Hill has to learn the position and is undersized for an inline TE. Juwan Johnson is still learning the position as well, and he is well below average as an inline blocker. Vannett, Herndon, and Krull are borderline serviceable players and have a lot to prove. I believe 1 of them has a shot to make the team.

I'm surprised no one has brought up DT. Onyemata is a decent but far from elite DT. After him the talent drops like a rock.
Really??? David is pretty darn good player. He dominates, and would start for almost any team in the NFL.

You are sleeping on the talent here, because you fail to understand their versatility to swing inside. We were near top half of the broad in sacks and lead the league in run stops. This D line may well be the best we have ever fielded in the Payton era. Go ahead make your case.

Last edited:
I think he can lead this team to a Super Bowl (even if he's more Flacco 2012/Manning 2016, he has the team around him).

This is why I'm not worried about QB, If something happens to Winston, Andy Dalton can easily be this.

I also agree Winston will have a great year as long as we all stay reasonably healthy.

Qb is a big concern, during the off-season the organization unsuccessfully tried to address the issue. If Winston gets benched is Dalton up to the job?
Dalton for a game, or a few games, though not for a significant amount of games, such as would have been the case last season. Certainly better then the QB roulette situation of last season however.

The weakest is definitely TE.
The most concerning is LB. It went from a strength the last 2 years to unknown this year. If Pete can stay healthy and DD continues to play well (tho he's aging) we will be fine. Thats too many "what ifs" tho.

RB is my main concern until we know if AK is getting any days this year or not. I don’t think Ingram can carry the load by himself and TJJ & Washington do not impress me at all. I do have high hopes for Smith but he’s a rookie so until we see him take meaningful snaps no one knows what he brings. Brown, Victor, & Ozigbo are all vets but at or below average so nothing to get excited about.

LB is a close second. We let Kwon walk and Kiko signed and retired so there is little proven depth behind DD and Werner. Last year showed us how important depth is.

TE is third. I think Trautman can improve and hopefully he does. Hopefully Hill can revert back to his joker roll. With our new plethora of WR’s; TE’s and RB’s should be wide open and should be able to make big plays. Vannett got hurt last year so we didn’t get to really see how he performs in our Offense. Krill is a UDFA, Johnson is a big WR playing TE,

RB is #1... but that's JMO... The only guy I trust there is Kamara, and he could be gone for multiple games at any point and time... and with the way this team is built to play defense and run the ball... and with the fact that Kamara is probably the best player on our team... The potential impact at this position with the loss of one player.... is HUGE.

We can survive the LB depth issues because we only play 1 or 2 LBs on any given snap, and we have position versatility with our Safeties... Same for TE... We can get by with having an extra O-lineman instead of a TE... We can get by using extra WRs.... It's one RB room right now IMO... That worries me.

Last edited:
I don’t think Dalton is a big drop off if Winston gets hurt or plays poorly. I believe as a whole the qb position is the biggest weakness on the team, from top to bottom. We currently have one with potential and another that is past his prim in the one two spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom