What’s your golf handicap? (1 Viewer)

ok, whodat25, we are on to you.... Collecting data for facebook, huh?

?
No sir. I can’t stand Facebook and don’t even have it. Or any of those other apps in that mold. This site is my only social media.
I saw how many were watching Tiger the other day and knew there were some golfers here. Also have a passing interest as my son is captain of his golf team and aspires to play on tour. Heck I’ve been here since Iron Era and only posting as bored and down for 9 months to 2 years recovering. Can not wait to get back to work then I’ll go back to lurking. Lol.

No data collection here. ?

I got o hole in one once. It was almost dark and they had picked up the flags already. I hit into the green blindly and it disappeared. Lol. I checked over the green before I actually looked in the hole lol

I got o hole in one once. It was almost dark and they had picked up the flags already. I hit into the green blindly and it disappeared. Lol. I checked over the green before I actually looked in the hole lol

Show off!
JK that is awesome man!

?
I saw how many were watching Tiger the other day and knew there were some golfers here. Also have a passing interest as my son is captain of his golf team and aspires to play on tour. Heck I’ve been here since Iron Era and only posting as bored and down for 9 months to 2 years recovering.

whodat25... for as long as you have been an active member here I assume you know that there have been many golf outings that have been arranged through this website. These were most often in conjunction with an annual gathering of SaintsReport members who would designate one Saints game each year as a 'meet & greet' with locals and out-of-towners alike. The events used to include a Saturday morning golf tournament (somewhere in the greater New Orleans area), to be followed that evening by the 'Bourbon Street Crawl'. Most could crawl better than golf, but these events were always a great way to meet the folks who you may have only known by their posts and unique avatars.

Yes, there are many avid golfers among this group, and this is why it is likely that for most (if not all) of the more prestigious events on the PGA tour you will probably find a golf discussion thread posted on this EE board.

BTW - Don't give up on getting birdie #2. :9:

whodat25... for as long as you have been an active member here I assume you know that there have been many golf outings that have been arranged through this website. These were most often in conjunction with an annual gathering of SaintsReport members who would designate one Saints game each year as a 'meet & greet' with locals and out-of-towners alike. The events used to include a Saturday morning golf tournament (somewhere in the greater New Orleans area), to be followed that evening by the 'Bourbon Street Crawl'. Most could crawl better than golf, but these events were always a great way to meet the folks who you may have only known by their posts and unique avatars.

Yes, there are many avid golfers among this group, and this is why it is likely that for most (if not all) of the more prestigious events on the PGA tour you will probably find a golf discussion thread posted on this EE board.

BTW - Don't give up on getting birdie #2. :9:

I had forgotten those Bill. I’ve been to a crawl and had a blast meeting and greeting and made a lifelong friend. Never went to a golf outing. My apologies for the redundant thread. Totally forgot about the golf outings.
And I’ve totally given up on the second birdie, but thanks. I have reached a par 5 green in two shots multiple times and then proceeded to 3 and 4 putt with my $400 putter lol. The very nice clubs that don’t help my hacking game sit in the closet. ?

I had forgotten those Bill. I’ve been to a crawl and had a blast meeting and greeting and made a lifelong friend. Never went to a golf outing. My apologies for the redundant thread. Totally forgot about the golf outings.
And I’ve totally given up on the second birdie, but thanks. I have reached a par 5 green in two shots multiple times and then proceeded to 3 and 4 putt with my $400 putter lol. The very nice clubs that don’t help my hacking game sit in the closet. ?

If you have the physical ability to reach Par 5 greens in two shots, you probably have more game than you may realize. And if it is your putting that is holding you back, that is a skill that can be learned a lot easier than hitting long & straight golf shots. Good putting just requires good reads and good technique (Hitting close to the hole helps as well).

Since your son is so involved in the game, you may regret not giving golf another chance. Even if you may never be able to compete with him in a round, the game is a great way for fathers and sons to enjoy some time together.

what is the worst? i am worse than that. love the sport though.

If you have the physical ability to reach Par 5 greens in two shots, you probably have more game than you may realize. And if it is your putting that is holding you back, that is a skill that can be learned a lot easier than hitting long & straight golf shots. Good putting just requires good reads and good technique (Hitting close to the hole helps as well).

Since your son is so involved in the game, you may regret not giving golf another chance. Even if you may never be able to compete with him in a round, the game is a great way for fathers and sons to enjoy some time together.

Absolutely Bill. My playing partners nicknamed me Strong Like Bull. I can hit it and have with witnesses, 360 and straight at times lol.
My short game is usually not good. My son has worked with me. And we spent many many rounds on the course together and I was at all of his tournaments. Thankful for those memories. He’s gone now, back to live with his mom. Part of why I probably won’t play anymore, that and failing health.

Absolutely Bill. My playing partners nicknamed me Strong Like Bull. I can hit it and have with witnesses, 360 and straight at times lol.
My short game is usually not good. My son has worked with me. And we spent many many rounds on the course together and I was at all of his tournaments. Thankful for those memories. He’s gone now, back to live with his mom. Part of why I probably won’t play anymore, that and failing health.

I figured there had to be more to the story. I certainly wish you well.
Hopefully there will still be a lot of good times ahead for you and your boy. On or off the course.

Just to let you know... I'll take a driving lesson from you whenever you're ready!

I figured there had to be more to the story. I certainly wish you well.
Hopefully there will still be a lot of good times ahead for you and your boy. On or off the course.

Just to let you know... I'll take a driving lesson from you whenever you're ready!

Thanks Bill.
And you do not want a driving lesson from me. I have huge shoulders and massive upper body strength when healthy....my swing is terrible and only comes back a fraction of what it is supposed to. Thus why the real golfers in my group call me that Strong Like Bull nickname. It’s all brute force which is so wrong. My son is a 78 and by the time he graduates he should be scratch or less.

Anyone want my custom milled Bettinardi putter? Lol it doesn’t help my game. Couldn’t miss a dang putt with it at Golf Galaxy, go figure. ?

10....just can't seem to get it to single digits. Play at least once a week, but try to get in 9+ holes after work during the week also. It's been raining too much this year to accomplish the after work, but I'll play no matter what on the weekends. I had wanted to play in the SR golf outing when it was held here in Lafayette a few years back, but I was at another job then and couldn't get off. I was bummed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom