What’s your must obscure, random Saints fact? (1 Viewer)

In 2003 the saints had the biggest roller coaster sequence in the history of football that i can remember...river city relay.
And the players involved won a ESPY for it. :9:

John Carney didn't get an award.

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't expect us to get far in the playoffs, but back then just making it to the playoffs mattered to me a great deal.

I wasn't implying that the ship had sailed on the Haslett era in general, I was saying that that particular season we'd lost whatever energy we'd had during the 6-1 start and I sincerely thought we were just gonna get stomped in our first playoff game even if we'd made it. These were the records of the teams we played going into our games with them during that season-ending freefall:

3-10 Vikings
1-13 Bengals
6-9 Panthers

Cumulatively, 10-32 for a .238 winning decimal or what extrapolates to 3.8 wins over a 16 game schedule. I just couldn't muster that degree of blind faith and if I could've then I'm sure there are more than a few time share salesmen who'd love to take me out to lunch one day.

Former Super Bowl 3 champion, Kansas City Chiefs coach Hank Stram became coach of the Saints. He coached the Saints to an even 8 & 8 season while Mecham was still the owner.
That's not true.

He went 7-21 in his only 2 seasons as head coach of the Saints.

Easily the most brutal loss to that point for me as a Saint fan from about 74.. never forget it- Monday night game, thought we were finally going to the playoffs. just awful- hated those Ram teams
Owid Allen (O.A.) “Bum” Phillips wouldn’t let Morten Anderson kick a 50 yd field goal. Instead, he opted to punt it to the Rams (...who up to that point hadn’t moved the ball all day). :mad:

:gosaints:

Circa 1979? The year before we lost on Hail Marys twice to the Falcons. They go 9-7 we go 7-9. You do the math. We open against. Yep the Falcons. Labor Day weekend. All summer some radio hack named Scoot hyped “We Hate the “Falcons “. T-shirts were printed. Again the Dome was rocking. Labor Day. Off on Monday. Overtime. And Russel E. Muffs a snap and throws a game losing INT. Lord I have been through some heartache 😆

Btw why don’t we open on Labor Day. That used to be awesome

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom