What a great Sunday for our Saints (1 Viewer)

I have watched the Bears a lot these last few weeks. The operative question is... where are they (Bears) going to get offense from? Oh, that's right... Trubisky will be back in at QB. Whoop-te-do!

I almost have to think there was some kind of gentleman's agreement, JM :tpenny:,

I tried explaining it to a loved one how this win and that loss were “wins” for the Saints.....not sure they got it but we know. Whodat

Saints Defense has been playing lights out. They have given up 1 TD total in the last 16 quarters and 7 FG's.

A little bit of breathing room is great.

Must beat the Falcons this weekend. They will be out for blood.
I was just thinking this. I wonder what the record is for not allowing a touchdown. I know we prolly aren’t close at all but this is a major feat in the modern nfl where everything favors the offenses.

I was just thinking this. I wonder what the record is for not allowing a touchdown. I know we prolly aren’t close at all but this is a major feat in the modern nfl where everything favors the offenses.

(Post below is not correct, but I won't just delete it, still impressive.)

We are close......

Saints are at four game now. If they can hold the Falcons to no TD's, they will tie a record held by the Steelers, who have gone five games without a TD twice, in 1976 and 2000.

The record is five consecutive games not allowing a TD.

• Most Consecutive Games without Allowing a Touchdown, since 1935, 5
Pittsburgh Steelers: 1976
Pittsburgh Steelers: 2000

• Most Consecutive Quarters without Allowing a Touchdown, since 1935, 22

Last edited:
We are close......

Saints are at four game now. If they can hold the Falcons to no TD's, they will tie a record held by the Steelers, who have gone five games without a TD twice, in 1976 and 2000.

The record is five consecutive games not allowing a TD.

• Most Consecutive Games without Allowing a Touchdown, since 1935, 5
Pittsburgh Steelers: 2000

• Most Consecutive Quarters without Allowing a Touchdown, since 1935, 22

The Saints are not at four games without allowing a TD. They are at 2 games (Falcons and at Broncos). The 49ers (3 games back) scored a TD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom