What a shot! (1 Viewer)

Pretty entertaining championship. I didn't think Kansas would be able to pull even in the last couple of minutes but they executed and Memphis did not. The foul line was Memphis's death.

But a great shot! Classic.

Here comes OSM.

How do you not foul the guy and let him even attempt a 3? You put him on the line for 2. Calipari screwed up on that one.

Kansas stole one from Memphis men. I mean this is what legends are made of, people. Chambers got named the Game MVP and he will be canonized for this one great shot in Kansas.

Great historic game. Miracles can still happen in America. What you saw was that the ideal can still work if you put your mind and effort to it. Chambers is living the American dream because he went out and took it for himself and made no apologies for it all.

How do you not foul the guy and let him even attempt a 3? You put him on the line for 2. Calipari screwed up on that one.

absolutely right.....I was screaming for a foul before the shot.....

Memphis choked....no two ways about it...you have to hit your free throws.....and Dorsey fouling out early gave them zero chance in the OT period.

Congrats to Kansas! It was a great game!

Yeah, that's definitely the play. The purist in me likes that the player had a chance to hit the big shot - that's what memories are made of. But the play would have been for Memphis to foul on the floor.

Thank you! I can never understand why coaches REFUSE to foul in that situation. The odds of hitting a three pointer are significantly better than converting the "make the first free throw then purposely miss the second and tip in the offensive rebound" play.

Every year during March Madness I see a team force overtime by hitting a 3 pointer in the final seconds and every year I think that people will finally start fouling late in games. I also thought that the Christian Latnear (sic) shot against Kentucky will forever convince teams to always guard the inbounds passer, but of course a few years ago the Spurs opted to let Gary Payton inbound the ball uncontested to Derek Fisher with 0.4 seconds left on the clock. That didn't work out so well.

That's what I wrote last year after one of the NBA Finals games between the Cavs and the Spurs.

And here we are once again; everytime I see a late three pointer tie a game I think that we'll finally start seeing teams foul in those situations, but every year on some level of basketball I see a team get burned in a big game by refusing to do it. Oh well, maybe next year.

GO KU! Man it feels good to be a Jayhawk this year... I'm glad they won one while I was here def will never forget... good shot Rio!

History will surely show that Kansas won, but Memphis really won that game. Just one more lousy free throw made would have sealed it, but instead, they brick 4 in a row and allow Kansas to stay in the game. Even with the missed free throws, I thought Memphis would hang on to win, but I guess not.

Roberts blew those free throws and Dorsey fouled out.:covri:

Epic choke by Memphis. I feel for those kids because they were up by 9 with 2 minutes left, had to be thinking they had it and then they lose in a cheesy free throw shooting competition.
Credit Self with going with hack a shaq early but I still don't like it.

I am glad KU got to at least attempt the shot at the end because to foul him would have been annoying even if it was the right thing to do coaching wise.

Anyone else see Dorsey grinning at the press conference after the game? It was like this one of the coolest things to ever happen to him or something.

Just thought it was weird.

History will surely show that Kansas won, but Memphis really won that game. Just one more lousy free throw made would have sealed it, but instead, they brick 4 in a row and allow Kansas to stay in the game. Even with the missed free throws, I thought Memphis would hang on to win, but I guess not.

Roberts blew those free throws and Dorsey fouled out.:covri:

Knocking down free throws to put games away is a huge part of basketball and Memphis has been bricking them all year. Everyone kept saying that it would eventually come back to bite them in the rear and eventually it did. I don't think you can play the "bad-luck" card when a fundmental flaw that everyone says is going to end up costing you ends up costing you.

Last edited:
History will surely show that Kansas won, but Memphis really won that game.

its like Charles Barkley says "The only thing that matters is the final score. All these ifs are just ridiculous. If I didn't eat so much, I wouldn't be so fat!"

That was a $140 shot for me :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom