What a surprise! NFL discussing possibly taking action on teams if they feel "gamed the system" in regards to compensatory picks (1 Viewer)

Let me get this straight. How is waiting for a deadline against the rules? What about talking to players before free agency started? Is that illegal? What about waiting until you are 21 to drink? Oh wait. I broke that law. Fine me.

Let's make a list.

(1) Sudden-death overtime
(2) Kitty for good defensive plays equals "bounty system"
(3) "Gaming" the comp pick rules

What else?
Pass interference review that isn't really a review, just a chance to confirm the original incorrect call and add a middle finger for good measure.

The silly thing to me is that if Jameis was in line for a starting job, the compensation wouldn't have mattered. But who's going to willingly give up a comp pick for a guy you hope never throws a pass in meaningful game?

I don't know; sometimes there are announcements that players and organizations have agree to principal of a contract but there are details to be discussed. There is no indication this wasn't the case here. I am not big fan of the compensatory pick anyway.

This is the type of things other teams have been doing for YEARS! The Saints have not "gamed" the comp pick system at all, they are just about the worst at playing that system. The Ravens and Patriots are absolute MASTERS of this game. The ONE TIME that the Saints look to play BY THE RULES, the NFL has a problem with it.

I am convinced that Dictator Goodell saw the Coke cans on coaches desk during the draft and decided to punish the Saints for it.
I get what the message is meant to be but it implies the Saints never play by the rules. I like a statement: The Saints used the rules to protect a potential compensatory pick and the NFL has a problem with it. Maybe it's me but there is no insult/criticism meant to the poster.

That's exactly what the Ravens, Steelers and Patriots have been doing for years!

Oooooo - Rogers HATES them So Much.

He is so mad at them that he's going to give The Saints another year of punishments!

[Stole this from Jalen Rose on Get Up this a.m. when he told a quote of Jerry Tarkanian: https://www.unlv.edu/tark/quotes ]

Possibly the most disappointing thing in my lifetime is that someone... ANYONE... has not taken vigilante justice on that garbage Roger Goodell.

Possibly the most disappointing thing in my lifetime is that someone... ANYONE... has not taken vigilante justice on that garbage Roger Goodell.
Amen.

Chris Rock voice: "I'm not saying it's right, but I understand."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom