What a surprise! NFL discussing possibly taking action on teams if they feel "gamed the system" in regards to compensatory picks (2 Viewers)

This is the type of things other teams have been doing for YEARS! The Saints have not "gamed" the comp pick system at all, they are just about the worst at playing that system. The Ravens and Patriots are absolute MASTERS of this game. The ONE TIME that the Saints look to play BY THE RULES, the NFL has a problem with it.

I am convinced that Dictator Goodell saw the Coke cans on coaches desk during the draft and decided to punish the Saints for it.
Did the teams have to adhere to the "No Coke, Pepsi" šŸ˜Ž rule, or was that ruling for the draftees? If Payton violated the rule, then I can understand fining him--but this has nothing , nada, zilch to do with compensatory picks.

The Saints lost Bridgewater, Klein, and so on to free agency. They are likely to lose others as the cheap rookie deals expire. Why would they not change their strategy to acquire more picks via the compensatory route?

Uh, what would you expect teams to do? Besides, Brady gets away with cheating every year doing something, so why would you hold someone else guilty over something the League did anyway?

Did the teams have to adhere to the "No Coke, Pepsi" šŸ˜Ž rule, or was that ruling for the draftees? If Payton violated the rule, then I can understand fining him--but this has nothing , nada, zilch to do with compensatory picks.

The Saints lost Bridgewater, Klein, and so on to free agency. They are likely to lose others as the cheap rookie deals expire. Why would they not change their strategy to acquire more picks via the compensatory route?
Paytonā€™s son was drinking Coke, not Sean..šŸ˜Ž

Might as well go ahead and wait another week or two before officially signing Winston. Leak some BS about how the two can't work out the money, offset language, or some other irrelevant fluff. Then do the deal.

Watch them conveniently take away the rule that allows compensatory picks to be traded

Last edited:
If they wanted to do something about their own system, I would think they would have to make changes that apply to the future, nothing from the past. But then again, they are the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom