What a surprise! NFL discussing possibly taking action on teams if they feel "gamed the system" in regards to compensatory picks (1 Viewer)

"vaguely mentioned" sounds vague to me. If the deadline comes from the CBA, which I assume is the case, then it is part of a contract, correct? The league office should not be going against contracts. If the Saints et al made their transactions within the CBA regulations, then it's hard to see that the league can do much about it.

To be sure, when you have a ******** like the current commissioner, expect the unexpected, especially when it comes to deleterious effects on the Saints.

This is the type of things other teams have been doing for YEARS! The Saints have not "gamed" the comp pick system at all, they are just about the worst at playing that system. The Ravens and Patriots are absolute MASTERS of this game. The ONE TIME that the Saints look to play BY THE RULES, the NFL has a problem with it.

I am convinced that Dictator Goodell saw the Coke cans on coaches desk during the draft and decided to punish the Saints for it.

Ummm, teams have been gaming the system for well over a decade now.

Heck, the Patriots and Ravens have modeled their entire off-seasons behind maximizing them, clearly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom