What a year! Worst ever. (1 Viewer)

I can really sympathize with you. My marriage of 38 years is ending very soon. My spouse will not even tell me the name of her attorney (she lives in another state) so I had to serve her. I specifically told my attorney not to get the paperwork until after Thanksgiving. She never responded so I had to have her served again through a process server, and she still has not responded. She abandoned the marriage 4 years ago.

Despite the separation and her having moved on with her life (she is seeing somebody else) I still financially support her so that she does not fail. I'm not getting into the specifics of this entire mess, but it is the most difficult thing I have had to endure.

On top of that, I am a long time federal employee also facing the sequester. It is a crying shame that the supposedly most financially secure nation in the world cannot get their act together so that they can pay their employees.

This is a tough year, but no matter what, keep your head high and presevere. You will overcome the pain. You will become a better man for what is learned from this experience.

It's rough man. It just seems that the way the world is going, marriage is no longer sacred. People think that just because something doesn't go their way, that they just give up and move on. Especailly good looking women. I feel they have the mentality of, "oh well, I can get another guy to replace him". What folks don't understand is you just can't replace people like that. Also, that grass may seem greener right now, but time will tell. Anyways, I wish you all the strength you need to get through these trying times and keep your head up. If you need to talk, PM me your number. Stay safe.

Stay Strong Guitarzan.. Been there... Time really does some strange things... You won;t see it now, but you will one day soon and this will be just a forgotten memory and you will be happy again.

Joe

So long as my kids are healthy and happy though

please use this as a starting point for your new beginning. we share the same age in years and we all hit bumps in the road. you'll do well..just try to make the best out of everyday and suck it dry. brighter days are ahead of you..bank on it.

chin up..walk tall..be proud.

peace,brother

I am sorry to hear about all this. I have had a few rough years in a row. It sometimes feels like it just snowballs downhill, but keep the faith. Better days are coming. It is one day at a time. Be with family, be with friends (especially your SR friends and family), laugh, keep your faith, and look forward to a better tomorrow.

I have to echo to get that kind news on your birthday is just straight up wrong. Christmas, Easter, Valentine's, birthday, heck any holiday should be off limits for that.

I am keeping you in my prayers and if you ever wanna talk pm me.

This thread validates my reasoning behind never getting married.

But really, good luck to you buddy. Take everything one day at a time and stay focused on the positives that remain (your kids as you already noted) and creating new positives each day.

Hey Guitar, it could be worse: The Falcons ciuld have won the Superbowl! Just kidding.....

Life does not wait for the 'right' moment for the stroke of fate, it just hits. Actually, there is never the right moment for that. The only 'right' thing for times like this is to stand up, raise the head and take the challenge. Look at it as a sign for a new start. Even though you are heart broken from your wife and disappointed by the job, go ahead and show them all who you are: a man who never gives up! Come back stronger and keep going!

I had to say this somewhere. I hope it's ok in here.

After 23 years at my current profession, and 23 years of marriage, it appears that the sequestration has finally ended my run. The FAA wants to close all airport weather observations and reports nationwide. I was served divorce papers on my Birthday. It was a complete surprise and shock. She's already found someone else. Without question the hardest year of my life. So long as my kids are healthy and happy though, I'll be ok. But it's not at all easy.

Sorry to hear that :( that sucks. Take it one day at a time, like Brees says in his book, it isn't about the adversity you face, it is how you bounce back from it that makes you.

This thread validates my reasoning behind never getting married.

But really, good luck to you buddy. Take everything one day at a time and stay focused on the positives that remain (your kids as you already noted) and creating new positives each day.

I won't bust your chops Kyle, as this is your decision to make, and perhaps even the right decision for you. But, in choosing a path to avoid the lowest of lows, you have also chosen the path devoid of the highest of highs.

As a die-hard Saints fan, this does not compute!

No one should get that on a birthday. I am so sorry that happened to you, and although many other posters have already said it, I echo the sentiment that you will move on and grow from this. It may not have been the way you would have chosen to reinvent yourself, but you now have that chance.

My divorce many years ago was the best thing that ever happened to me, although it certainly didn't feel like it at the time.

I won't bust your chops Kyle, as this is your decision to make, and perhaps even the right decision for you. But, in choosing a path to avoid the lowest of lows, you have also chosen the path devoid of the highest of highs.

As a die-hard Saints fan, this does not compute!

Well said!

Remeber, also:
Greif is honorable and universal.

Damn man, sorry to hear that. 23 years is a long time, but your are still alive and have children that love you. I know you have probably heard this before, but it requires repeating to help you move forward.

"I never want to be with someone that does not want to be with me".

There, that's it. It will be hard and you may start thinking about what you did wrong and want to change blah, blah. Just continue to lean on your good points and get out, enjoy life. The society we live in now actually runs counter to the principles of marriage: Death do us part; For better or worse...etc. Today's principles are, I love until you make me mad enough to leave or find someone else that will listen to me, especially if she/he helps me believe that they are better than my marriage (which is the complaints of a lot of Soldiers). I live in the country's hotbed of divorce and infidelity and it makes you wonder why anyone would marry in this day and age, unless both are deep-seated Christians that will forgive, regardless how badly their mate screws up. Wordy piece just to say, she may have done you a favor.

"Weeping endureth for a night, but joy comes in the morning"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom