What a year! Worst ever. (2 Viewers)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I had to say this somewhere. I hope it's ok in here.

After 23 years at my current profession, and 23 years of marriage, it appears that the sequestration has finally ended my run. The FAA wants to close all airport weather observations and reports nationwide. I was served divorce papers on my Birthday. It was a complete surprise and shock. She's already found someone else. Without question the hardest year of my life. So long as my kids are healthy and happy though, I'll be ok. But it's not at all easy.

Sorry to hear that, man. Keep your chin up, eventually, with any luck, you will someday consider these events as blessings in disguise.

Sorry to hear that, bro.

Things may look a little bleak right now, but you will come back stronger.
You obviously have some skills for a new job.

Not going to touch the divorce thing, as something similar happened to me. I'm better off now and I'm betting you will be too!
Hang in there, man.

Yeah one day at a time. Focus on a reason to get up, maybe something as simple that the dog needs fed. It gets better. Exercise great stress relief and it gives you something to do in your chunks of alone time.

After 23 years at my current profession, and 23 years of marriage, it appears that the sequestration has finally ended my run. The FAA wants to close all airport weather observations and reports nationwide. I was served divorce papers on my Birthday. It was a complete surprise and shock. She's already found someone else. Without question the hardest year of my life. So long as my kids are healthy and happy though, I'll be ok. But it's not at all easy.

Going through a divorce is tough, and I imagine a divorce after 23 years is even harder. And with that said, anyone who serves notice of that traumatic event on a birthday or Valentines Day (that was MY experience 14 years ago) is a special kind of MEAN! To initiate such an event takes a certain courage; to time it to coincide with one of those dates is slightly sadistic, as in "how can I make this hurt even more?!" Watch your back tarzan, before you find a dagger between your shoulder blades!

FWIW, you sound like you have your priorities in order, and your head on straight, so I'll just echo what everyone else here is saying. Not because it's popular, but because it's true. This may be the most painful experience in your life, but it may also be the best thing to ever happen to you (next to your kids being born).

I'll wish you the best of all possible outcomes, as well as the strength and endurance to get there. Until then...watch your back...I can almost guarantee more unforseen surprises headed your way. Take care and good luck!

Take the time to focus on yourself and your children and look at this as a new start.

And I agree with above sentiments that the timing on your ex's part is down right cold.

Thanks guys. It's sorta like getting rolled up in a big surfing wave and as soon as you feel like you can get a gasp of air another wave rolls you up. Sometimes it feels like I'm on fire. Time moves so slowly now.

Sending prayers up and good thoughts your way, guitarzan. That is a lot to be fed all at once.

Hang on to who you are at your core and to your kids. I pray the gauntlet you're running now doesn't last long for you and the light will appear sooner than later.

:(

I just wrote a story but deleted it because it was a rant... bottom line is I am sorry bro, been through a divorce and it is no fun especially if you aren't at all expecting it. Online drinking buddy!

the year ahead of you will be difficult as well. Persevere, it will get better.

Dang man....so sorry to hear that. ugh. Finish Strong.

kinda puts into perspective my ailments ( torn achilles and shelling out $7000 for new ac unit )

Look at Coach Payton, lost his wife and job (albeit temporarily) at the same time.

He started training, getting his body in shape, spent time with his kids, try something different. Im not sure how you felt about your job, but maybe they did you a favor? You might end up somewhere 10x better, better money maybe?
'

Just take it a day at time, proritize what you need to make happen, and go for it...in the mean time, take a second to smell the roses, breath the fresh air.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom