What about Byrd (1 Viewer)

You are not understanding me. This is not personal against Byrd, it's the situation as a whole. Byrd is already behind the 8 ball on his deal, he can never fulfill his perceived value to this team. He has already missed too much time. I'm upset with the FO for ever making this deal.

Even when they first made this deal and I thought he would be good, I still thought this was a bad deal. Just too much investment in a player at his position. His lack of playing and play making when he is on the field has just been a perfect storm of bad for us.

Clearly we let one of the leagues best FS go in Jenkins and probably could have kept him for much less :shrug:

Okay. And? The deal is done. Its BEEN done. Some of you guys just need to get over it and let the man go out there and prove his worth now that he is finally healthy. If he is terrible at the end of the season, then feel free to pick up where you left off beating this dead horse.

Okay. And? The deal is done. Its BEEN done. Some of you guys just need to get over it and let the man go out there and prove his worth now that he is finally healthy. If he is terrible at the end of the season, then feel free to pick up where you left off beating this dead horse.

Yea, just don't get yalls panties in a twist every time someone questions Byrd's ability to be an asset to this team.:9: Because 90% of the people prasing him now will be the first to turn on him when he is gone.

Whats a top CB and FS worth in the NFL? Because he played both positions last season, and was also responsible for bailing out Breaux.
This. I feel like people forget that when he did play last year, he was in a no win situation.

This. I feel like people forget that when he did play last year, he was in a no win situation.

and with all that baggage still managed a forced fumble, interception and a sack.

If the line plays the way it's been playing during pre-season then he and vacarro could have themselves a really solid year.

You are not understanding me. This is not personal against Byrd, it's the situation as a whole. Byrd is already behind the 8 ball on his deal, he can never fulfill his perceived value to this team. He has already missed too much time. I'm upset with the FO for ever making this deal.

Even when they first made this deal and I thought he would be good, I still thought this was a bad deal. Just too much investment in a player at his position. His lack of playing and play making when he is on the field has just been a perfect storm of bad for us.

How the Sunk Cost Fallacy Makes You Act Stupid

Clearly we let one of the leagues best FS go in Jenkins and probably could have kept him for much less :shrug:

Jenkins was near universally panned by Saints fans on his way out the door. Either we aren't as smart as we tend to think we are, or he wasn't that same player here that he has been in Philly. If we're honest with ourselves, I imagine its a little bit of both.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom