What about Byrd (1 Viewer)

Cajun Mike

In Da Parish
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
How much we have lost? He definitely hasn't lived up to his contract. Will he even be on the field?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Byrd has been hurt and/or lackluster since he got here. His body may just be broken, just like Keenan Lewis. Look for Byrd to follow Lewis out the door, as soon as the salary cap math allows it (which may not be until next year). Hopefully, the rookie will step up.

He's healthy and working his way back. It's not like a light switch. Let the preseason play out.

Year before last he was a huge disappointment, last year he played and was an average FS. Hopefully the upward trend continues this year and he's a top 10 FS

I haven't seen his name called at camp at all. That may not mean much but it seems he is being outplayed by the rookie. I think he is gone next year.

We've had terrible defenses. The job of a FS is to capitalize on good coverage by corners, make QBs pay for inaccurate throws, and be the last line of defense. How can anyone expect him to play well when we're setting records for TDs given up, Highest QB rating against us, and getting gashed for a big gain every other play. He's not Superman. It takes 10 other players doing their job to make a FS elite.

We've had terrible defenses. The job of a FS is to capitalize on good coverage by corners, make QBs pay for inaccurate throws, and be the last line of defense. How can anyone expect him to play well when we're setting records for TDs given up, Highest QB rating against us, and getting gashed for a big gain every other play. He's not Superman. It takes 10 other players doing their job to make a FS elite.

So what you are saying is is that no one defender has ever stood out in a bad defense before? If he was 54 million good he would be making plays out there regardless. :shrug:

Also your post basically says....worst FA signing EVER. If we knew we needed all that for him to succeed and didn't have it, why did we pay him?

Byrd is that black sheep in the family no one wants to talk about.

The worst part is, Byrd can't even have a good season at this point to make his signing seem worth it, he would have to have some type of record breaking achievement and us win the SB to make it worth it. This is 1000% on the FO btw, they really scewed up on this one.

He's healthy and starting. What more is there to discuss at this point. We haven't even played the 2nd preseason game.

He's healthy and starting. What more is there to discuss at this point. We haven't even played the 2nd preseason game.

How was he in training camp? I believe I've heard one report of him hustling to the ball once...other than that crickets.

If you're trying to make the comparison to Lewis' situation, it's pretty simple. Byrd is on the field - Lewis was not. If Byrd stays healthy, he will be given this year to prove his worth. What happens next is pure speculation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom