what about Dewayne Robertson or Lito Sheppard.... (1 Viewer)

rsonza

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
What about any of these guys??
Why don't we trade a 4th and 5th rounder for Dewayne Robertson?
Or trade Henderson for Lito??

Dewayne:

Robertson and the Jets are in a hard spot, according to The Enquirer. The Jets' offseason spending spree includes a trade for NT Kris Jenkins, whom Jets coach Eric Mangini considers a better fit in the 3-4 defense than Robertson. Robertson could be a post-June 1 salary-cap cut, which would allow the Jets to absorb the cap hit over two years.

Lito:

It's no secret that the Eagles have been fielding offers for Sheppard, their former starting left corner, and a trade could be imminent, according to The Philadelphia Enquirer. A team source said last week that Sheppard, who signed a five-year extension in 2004, isn't happy with the developments at cornerback, even though Reid said Friday that Sheppard can play either cornerback position.

Why would the Eagles trade Devery for Lito???

WHY??????

If the Eagles had ANY interest at all in Devery, they could have signed him this off season. He was an unrestricted free agent. To my knowledge, they didn't even look at him. This tells me that Devery has zero trade value.

You couldn't trade Devery for Lito on Madden

They need another WR?

They can get a much better WR than Devery for Lito.

If their going to practically 'give' Lito away, the Eagles won't 'give' him away to us, a rival team in the NFC

No way we get Lito, I dont know why people think the Eagles would trade him to us

Robertson reportedly has a bone on bone condition in his knee since 2005, but he still has gotten consistantly better on the field each year, despite the fact that he has been forced into a 34 defense that does not fit his skills or body type the last two seasons. He is a risk, but not more than a second day draft choice risk. Maybe teams wait and see if he is cut, then he will basically go to whoever gives him the most money in spite of his health. If that is the case, I am not sure we will pursue him, unless or course we can work in incentive clauses in his contract. I imagine the biggest hurdle in dealing with him as a free agent will be guaranteed money. Trading for him if the Jets would let him go for anything they can get may be a idea, but we will still have to pay for him, either a 6.8 million base salary or a 9.8, depending on who you ask. I was all for trading for him before news of a bone on bone, but now I would rather wait for him to be cut and see if we can sign him with an incentive based contract.

On Sheppard, although he hasn't stayed healthy for a complete season, would be perfect for us. He would allow Gay to be the nickle that he is, and if injury occurs or MM has a setback or just takes a little longer to start, we can work in Young and sub Gay as needed. Sheppard would give us flexibility without having to panic, so I am all for bringing him in for anything except a first round draft choice, even if it is next years. I do not believe it would be wise to trade Smith, and I know that no WR on our roster not named Colston would make the Eagles happy. Their biggest needs are S and WR. They do not need to swap draft choices with us because both positions will be there at 19.

I don't think anything happens, in terms of a trade for anyone, until draft day. Who knows, maybe McFadden slides to 10 and Jerry Jones is idiotic and wishes to give us both his picks. Then we can afford to part with one, or maybe stay pat and get the top CB/S on the board and a decent LB/DT in round one and have flexibility to get another starter at 41 or even trade back up to the middle of round one. Again, who knows. All I want is to come away with two starters from the draft, either DT or LB as one, and either CB or S as two. If we are really lucky, we wind up with 3 or 4 starters to fill each position. Everyone would praise Loomis if this were so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom