FA What about... Randall Cobb? (1 Viewer)

I mean he is 34, he's going to have a drop off it's unrealistic to expect him to have #2 quality market share production in a High volume passing Offense at this stage of his career.

I more blame Payton / the staff for not having a better contingency plan for Ginn's drop off they whiffed on Meredith, whiffed on Simmie Cobbs, and Rishard Matthews, 3rd round pick Tre'Quan Smith hasn't developed as quickly as needed, and then they've had some desperation mid season signings like Dez, and Brandon Marshall that failed miserably as well.

Ginn would probably be fine as a 4th guy on the depth chart who just comes in for 10 - 15 snaps and runs a few 9 routes, and deep posts.
I totally agree. What's so weird about the drop off is that every camp he's been here, the beat reporters repeated year after year TGIF - Ted Ginn Is Fast. It's his hands that turned back into the bricks they were his entire career except for 2017 (and Drew not having a consistent deep ball - only gets it there with an utterly clean pocket he can step up into and put everything he's got into the throw.)

At least this is a year where we'll have the opportunity to not only draft a good to great WR but also pick up a few to compete as UDFAs. We do seem to be the preferred destination for signing those guys. And who knows what kinds of strides the receivers on the PS will have made between the end of the season and the start of the next?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom