What about Shaun Alexander? (1 Viewer)

Infoman

You're a Towel!
Reaction score
There are rumblings all over the place (Sirius NFL Radio for one)... that Alexander will be released sometime soon. Anyone think (at the right price) that the Saints should bring him in as an insurance policy (and/or) replacement if for some reason Deuce is not ready or cut before the season?

Discuss....

Seahawks | Alexander likely to be released
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:03:10 -0700

Frank Hughes, of The News Tribune, reports the Seattle Seahawks will likely release RB Shaun Alexander. Alexander cannot be released immediately because he had surgery on his wrist and is still wearing a cast, according to Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren. Holmgren would not disclose a possible date when the Seahawks might release Alexander.

RB has always been a position for youth, you can get one in the draft to produce early, and very hard to do after so many NFL carries. If we want one draft one in the 2 or 3 round Felix Jones in the 2nd might work.

Deuce will be more ready to play than Alexander this season.
Though in his prime Alexander was great last year he was terrible. So was the Seahawks line. Hutchinson was the key to his success, and now he's the key to AD's success

I hate Shaun Alexander... plus, he's finished.

If we need another RB we could pick up a street FA and they would be better than Alexander at this point in his career.

Plus he's fat.

I made a thread about this yesterday and got flamed big time; with accusations of being a band wagoner and the such. I don't even know where it went; did the mods delete it?

Heck no he has lost it
MVP to being released in two years wow it was a fast ride down

There are rumblings all over the place (Sirius NFL Radio for one)... that Alexander will be released sometime soon. Anyone think (at the right price) that the Saints should bring him in as an insurance policy (and/or) replacement if for some reason Deuce is not ready or cut before the season?

Discuss....

Nah, too much trouble to bring him in, info, and not enough need. Deuce will be good to go, then we've got Reggie, PT, Stecker, Chris Barclay, and Jamaal Branch currently on the roster.

Alexander, IMO, might be a better fit in Detroit, since Kevin Jones doesn't seem like the "answer" at RB for them.

Deuce will be more ready to play than Alexander this season.
Though in his prime Alexander was great last year he was terrible. So was the Seahawks line. Hutchinson was the key to his success, and now he's the key to AD's success

Neither are going to be ready by opening day to contribute in any major way. ACL tears take almost 2 years to heal.

We don't need to pick up another vet RB and from the looks of things we won't. We resigned Stecker for a reason. Only 3 RB's are active on gameday. You know Stecker, Bush, and Thomas are pretty much locked in right now as those 3. Deuce may get activated later in the season.

I am not advocating bringing in Shaun if he is cut. It just seems like a logical move to me if for any reason Deuce is not back with the team this year. Without Deuce on the roster... we have 2 young guys in Reggie and PT... we have on older vet that is primarily a ST player in Stecker... just seems like an experienced proven vet guy that has carried the load before is what we'd go after. Not sure how I'd feel about that. I'd proabably rather a young guy in the 5th round or something... but Sean Payton seems to like bringing in proven vets coming off of injuries or disappointing seasons.

Neither are going to be ready by opening day to contribute in any major way. ACL tears take almost 2 years to heal.

We don't need to pick up another vet RB and from the looks of things we won't. We resigned Stecker for a reason. Only 3 RB's are active on gameday. You know Stecker, Bush, and Thomas are pretty much locked in right now as those 3. Deuce may get activated later in the season.

...and that's why I think Jacob Hester would be such a great fit for us. He could back-up both RB spots, and contribute on STs. We could afford to have 4 or even 5 RBs active on Gameday, if one of those guys was Hester.

Homerism aside, I think that makes sense.

I'm all for any good running back if the price is right but I have a feeling someone will pay quite a few million to get Shuan Alexander on their team, look what they gave Jamal Lewis.

RB has always been a position for youth, you can get one in the draft to produce early, and very hard to do after so many NFL carries. If we want one draft one in the 2 or 3 round Felix Jones in the 2nd might work.

No way Felix makes it past the cowboys or out of the 1st round. Shaun is done. I would rather have Ron Dayne than him.

I am not advocating bringing in Shaun if he is cut. It just seems like a logical move to me if for any reason Deuce is not back with the team this year. Without Deuce on the roster... we have 2 young guys in Reggie and PT... we have on older vet that is primarily a ST player in Stecker... just seems like an experienced proven vet guy that has carried the load before is what we'd go after. Not sure how I'd feel about that. I'd proabably rather a young guy in the 5th round or something... but Sean Payton seems to like bringing in proven vets coming off of injuries or disappointing seasons.

I'd rather have Deuce than Alexander any day.

This is as silly as a topic as it was yesterday when it was asked. And tomorrow when it will be asked.

Come on, people. And no, this is not flaming the OP so I don't want any warnings.
And it's not fair that Infoman isn't getting flamed like the poster yesterday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom